SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

View Poll Results: How Many Seams on Your Steering Wheel?
Two Seams 8 30.77%
Four Seams 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Geez,

You people are all getting like Randy. You're still rootin' for college (semi-pro) basketball. That won't get interesting until the sweet 16.

If I don't get flamed for this one, I may as well pack my bags and go back to Yahoo.

(Larry sneaks down to his basement and hides behind the fort he made from the 6 crates containing the titanium coated windshields he got as spares)
Well, buddy, you've done it now! <FLAME ON!> I'd rather watch college basketball during the regular season than to watch boring baseball during the world series. As for pro basketball, I wouldn't watch it on a dare. I can catch the important moments on SportCenter. I mean, how many times can you say "A pass to Yao, Yao dishes off to . . . " I mean, it only takes three steps for most of these guys to get down court, they're so bleedin' tall. And, baseball? Snooze city. It's the soap opera of sport. If you miss something, you don't miss anything cuz it's the same stuff time after time, after time. My gosh, it's sad when themost exciting moment is when a batter does exactly what he's supposed to do -- HIT THE BALL! Seems that so few are capable of this small feat anymore. Good grief! I can enjoy (occasionally) a good college or pro football game, but, moreso college than pro (although this year's SB was exciting . . . for once). With respect to our Canadian brothers, I'll not mention hockey. With respect to our UK bretheren, I won't mention Cricket either (mainly because, I can't, for the life of me, "Get it"). Soccer (football in some locales) is something else I won't begin to rant on. My only wish is that they'd show more RUGBY MATCHES!!!! <FLAME OFF!>

(Ow! I think I bit my tongue, which was firmly planted in my cheek.)
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-21-2003, 09:38 AM
hotshoe50

seams????

For what its worth, my 92 has 4: mfd: 11/91

Truthfully, I have a lovely MOMO that I would love to install but need an adapter and there is none specified for the SVX tho a Legacy one might work???

Anybody know out there???

Hotshoe

Last edited by hotshoe50; 02-21-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
4 on mine
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 02-21-2003, 09:07 PM
alacrity024

Re: Me 2

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

My VIN is 3107, but being JDM spec, my wheel has the stereo controls and no airbag.
stereo controls?

STEREO CONTROLS?!!?!?!?!?!

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!

-adam
Old 02-22-2003, 06:56 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
6/91

4 seams

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 02-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, buddy, you've done it now! <FLAME ON!> I'd rather watch college basketball during the regular season than to watch boring baseball during the world series. As for pro basketball, I wouldn't watch it on a dare. I can catch the important moments on SportCenter. I mean, how many times can you say "A pass to Yao, Yao dishes off to . . . " I mean, it only takes three steps for most of these guys to get down court, they're so bleedin' tall. And, baseball? Snooze city. It's the soap opera of sport. If you miss something, you don't miss anything cuz it's the same stuff time after time, after time. My gosh, it's sad when themost exciting moment is when a batter does exactly what he's supposed to do -- HIT THE BALL! Seems that so few are capable of this small feat anymore. Good grief! I can enjoy (occasionally) a good college or pro football game, but, moreso college than pro (although this year's SB was exciting . . . for once). With respect to our Canadian brothers, I'll not mention hockey. With respect to our UK bretheren, I won't mention Cricket either (mainly because, I can't, for the life of me, "Get it"). Soccer (football in some locales) is something else I won't begin to rant on. My only wish is that they'd show more RUGBY MATCHES!!!! <FLAME OFF!>

(Ow! I think I bit my tongue, which was firmly planted in my cheek.)
basketball is weak. they run up and down the court scoring hundreds of points. wow. how about putting a midget on top of the net to swat away balls like a goalie? make it a little harder, raise the nets up 10ft or something.....
baseball is a snooze-fest. i should tape a game for when i have a little insomnia - better than NyQuil.
HOCKEY RULES!

oh, it seems i don't know how many seams i have. i'd be scared if i cared.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-22-2003, 08:08 AM
svxeno

Exclamation This is a bunch of cr@p!

I've really had it with all of you! As if I wasn't obssessed enough with this car now you've all got me counting seams in my steering wheel! In 23 years of car ownership I have NEVER checked, wanted to know or even thought of how many seams I had in my steering wheel.

I am sending my psychologists bill to all of you. Randy i, I will require the billing address of each and every member on this forum. YOU all can determine how to split it up.

Oh, and I have 2 seams. (Is that good?) 6/91

Randy (I seem to be 2 seams short of a full wheel) ii
Old 02-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
6/91 with 2 seams
1/92 has 4 seams
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 02-22-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:38 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
seams

2 seams, 06/91 build date, vin 102590. i know i posted just the other day, yea i know that was me,