Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Product and Service Reviews > Service Shop Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Budfreak Rules

Post deleted by green_eyed_lady.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint

Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 01-07-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: I made my point. 'Nuff said.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

oh snap

2001 Audi S8
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I knew this is where this was going to end up...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Nom nom, crunch crunch....
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
oh snap

yeppers. my thoughts exactly
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 AM

1 in 4 people are or have worked for cash. 40%+ people dip into there 401k. 1 in 7 home loans are failing. Times are bad. Its not about taxes being paid, its about surviving. Would be better to rob a bank, rather then working for cash? no of course not. You ever been hungry? ever been called by bill collectors? ever lost your house? If not, god bless you, but to commend those who aren't as lucky as you seems like a bad thing too.

I can't hired that guy, he works for cash, is like saying:
I need a new accountant because mine is screwing someone else's wife.
That banker don't respect me, so I'll never use that bank again.
Freds wife smokes a little pot at home in the evenings, so I'll make sure she never works at the school cafeteria again.
That homeless guy tore through my garbage can's, I'll make sure he never sleeps on my street again.
This guy lied to me, so I'll never trust anyone in his family.

Every business has people that commit sins, let just shut them all down too. The president had sex with a intern, so should we leave the country? Many great people that did great goods for humanity, had some great faults. It doesn't take away the great good they did.

Judgment is one of greatest faults of people, especially me. I judged Tom because in a email he told me Jason wasn't knowledgeable enough to do a good job on anything thats not simple. I always have loved the underdog, and I tried running to Jason defense. I just wanted to get a few hits in on Tom, and had no idea the thing would blow up like it did. IN fact Jason call me shortly after my initial post and asked me to remove the reference to Tom and I did. Jason was pissed at me, and probably still is. So I did have to tell him why (toms email).

Jason survives because of his mechanical ability. Tom's made it so far by his mechanical ability too. Lets only judge by that, cause thats what really matters. Its not about cash, its about the service offered, and what people can afford.

Now I feel like a big asshole, everyones pissed at me, and nothing good has come from it. I was planning on the reading meet, but now I'm afraid to show my face to any forum members. And I doubt I'll be posting again here.

I sincerely apologize to both Tom & Jason
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

The analogies you gave are terrible, but no worries on that...

1. People only reacted because of your original statement about Jason's business surviving and Tom's not surviving. The underlying tax issues have already been hashed over here and that was why I talked to Jason after seeing your first post and recommended he ask you to change it because I knew this was all going to come up again
2. Nobody on here is pissed at you, just upset about what appeared to be a dig at Tom
3. COME TO READING... Awesome time with awesome people... (even though 2010 will be my first year, lol)
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
The analogies you gave are terrible, but no worries on that...

1. People only reacted because of your original statement about Jason's business surviving and Tom's not surviving. The underlying tax issues have already been hashed over here and that was why I talked to Jason after seeing your first post and recommended he ask you to change it because I knew this was all going to come up again
2. Nobody on here is pissed at you, just upset about what appeared to be a dig at Tom
3. COME TO READING... Awesome time with awesome people... (even though 2010 will be my first year, lol)
Everyone should attend reading at least once. Regardless of standing on any internet forum.

And no one hates you radad and your certainly welcome to come to reading and enjoy the fun everyone has every year there. Everyone has fun at reading.....

Unless your name is OT and you have lightbulbs to change teehee

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 01-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to trueblue
Registered SVX

Judgment is one of greatest faults of people, especially me. I judged Tom because in a email he told me Jason wasn't knowledgeable enough to do a good job on anything thats not simple. I always have loved the underdog, and I tried running to Jason defense. I just wanted to get a few hits in on Tom, and had no idea the thing would blow up like it did. IN fact Jason call me shortly after my initial post and asked me to remove the reference to Tom and I did. Jason was pissed at me, and probably still is. So I did have to tell him why (toms email).

Jason survives because of his mechanical ability. Tom's made it so far by his mechanical ability too. Lets only judge by that, cause thats what really matters. Its not about cash, its about the service offered, and what people can afford.

Now I feel like a big asshole, everyones pissed at me, and nothing good has come from it. I was planning on the reading meet, but now I'm afraid to show my face to any forum members. And I doubt I'll be posting again here.

I sincerely apologize to both Tom & Jason

I think your statement did have merit and was meaningful.
Your apology was heartfelt and seemed sincere.

I agree, I think you should come to Reading. Reading X was my first time and I will go again in 2011. I am not a big drinker, but still had a great time.

If you are still not sure about Reading then come to the Dragon. I enjoy it as much as I did Reading. The Dragon is half the distance for me and I enjoy the tour/spirited drive we always do.

All is forgiven.
See you at one of the SVX events.

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. -Winston Churchill

My baby: 94 lsi
My fast baby: 2001 Suzuki Marauder
My new baby: 2010 Subaru Outback
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

I'm sorry, you asked for my opinion in confidence and I gave it to you in confidence. MY OPINION IS: I don't trust Jason to do a quality job unless it is a simple task which has been done by others before and he can use their documentation as reference... You want it out in the open, there it is.

I am not ashamed of my opinion as it is my own and Jason has yet to prove to me otherwise. Is it law or set in stone that my opinion should matter to anyone else, NO. If you ask me for it, you will get it, plain and simple. Not sure why it has been used against me in this case.

As for us "going out of business" I don't need to justify anything here but want to make one thing crystal ****ing clear. I simply don't want to do it anymore. The shop or AWD whatever you want to call it has not been a monetary expense to us in a year. It has been paying for itself and paying off opening debts for the past year.

I am personally sick and tired of trying to stop the inevitable for people who cannot and will not appreciate it( read: not all, but the majority of people). the inevitable being the death of the Subaru SVX. Your OEM parts supply is running dry. Your used parts supply is running dry. You have little to no aftermarket options for many key items for the car. So people who are in it for the long haul are going to get shafted. Shops like ours create a larger market for performance and replacement parts. I personally have brought a large amount of items to the community that would otherwise never be available without the backing of a LEGITIMATE business willing to put considerable $ forward.

If I worked out of my stepfather's garage, who often takes away privileges and leaves my customers stranded, I could make a killing doing what I am more than capable of doing. Simple fact of the matter is, that is not how grown ups in the real world make a living. This country is going down the tubes and trying to save yourself a couple bucks going to a cash mechanic IS indeed making it worse. It takes real businesses to make create business.

I was not going to post any of this to save face, but quite honestly I could give a flying **** less what you people think that this point. There are people who I do still care for and in the future will continue to service under the name and business license I currently carry. They know my phone number, they know how to get in touch if they need anything. The rest of you, best of luck. I am sick of this ****, its this kind of attitude that is destroying this country and sponges like "SVX Parts Central" that suck every ounce of dignity out of our society.

Tom
Old 01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I'm sorry, you asked for my opinion in confidence and I gave it to you in confidence. MY OPINION IS: I don't trust Jason to do a quality job unless it is a simple task which has been done by others before and he can use their documentation as reference... You want it out in the open, there it is.

I am not ashamed of my opinion as it is my own and Jason has yet to prove to me otherwise. Is it law or set in stone that my opinion should matter to anyone else, NO. If you ask me for it, you will get it, plain and simple. Not sure why it has been used against me in this case.

As for us "going out of business" I don't need to justify anything here but want to make one thing crystal ****ing clear. I simply don't want to do it anymore. The shop or AWD whatever you want to call it has not been a monetary expense to us in a year. It has been paying for itself and paying off opening debts for the past year.

I am personally sick and tired of trying to stop the inevitable for people who cannot and will not appreciate it( read: not all, but the majority of people). the inevitable being the death of the Subaru SVX. Your OEM parts supply is running dry. Your used parts supply is running dry. You have little to no aftermarket options for many key items for the car. So people who are in it for the long haul are going to get shafted. Shops like ours create a larger market for performance and replacement parts. I personally have brought a large amount of items to the community that would otherwise never be available without the backing of a LEGITIMATE business willing to put considerable $ forward.

If I worked out of my stepfather's garage, who often takes away privileges and leaves my customers stranded, I could make a killing doing what I am more than capable of doing. Simple fact of the matter is, that is not how grown ups in the real world make a living. This country is going down the tubes and trying to save yourself a couple bucks going to a cash mechanic IS indeed making it worse. It takes real businesses to make create business.

I was not going to post any of this to save face, but quite honestly I could give a flying **** less what you people think that this point. There are people who I do still care for and in the future will continue to service under the name and business license I currently carry. They know my phone number, they know how to get in touch if they need anything. The rest of you, best of luck. I am sick of this ****, its this kind of attitude that is destroying this country and sponges like "SVX Parts Central" that suck every ounce of dignity out of our society.

Tom
Best post EVER!!! Even though I know you don't give a flying bleep.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Nothing more to see here...move along...
Attached Images
File Type: png 426px-Keep-calm-and-carry-on.svg.png (37.7 KB, 230 views)

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: