Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Viper Alarm System Reviews

Bought one off ebay the other day, just got the trunk release solinoid and installing it right now
Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I've been reading the instruction manual for my new viper 5901 it's pretty awesome I can't wait to finish it. most of the stuff looks pretty plug and play with the stock system, I have had to look at quite a bit of the wiring diagrams on the SVX service manual but I've figured out mostly everything that I've looked at so far.

I just have a few questions about a few wires so far.

1. What do I connect the "light flash- isolation wire" to it says it goes to an 87a relay it seems to be an optional choice, it looks like it connects to the switch for the headlights and to "control module" in the car. I'm confused, do I need this? what do I connect it to?

2. also the dome light output, not the ones that connect to the door to trigger but the one that is supposed to go to "the optional dome light supervision relay"

3. what do I connect the ground when armed wire to???

4. how do I hook up the led positive and negative wires from the stock system so they work on my new system.

5. What do I connect my AUX outputs to? do i connect it to the window module?? and accessories like that??

6.I assume the factory arm and disarm wires go to the svx lock and unlock wires???

7. Does the second unlock output work or is it needed for the SVX??

8.Does the first ignition wire that is on the heavy gauge remote start harness that is supposed to power the starter connect to the ignition wire on the stock harness or does it need to connect to the ignition wire in the steering column? or somewhere else?

9. What is the ignition 2 for and what are the flex relays it keeps referring to them and I'm really confused.

10. On the starter input wire it says "After cutting the starter wire connect the green wire to the end going to the ignition switch" and that it's "pin 87a of the onboard starter kill relay." Does this mean I need to cut and splice into the wire that goes from the starter to the ignition??

11.If I wanted the hoodpin switch what do I use to let the alarm system know the hood is up? are there buttons or something I could get? Or is there something in the car already that would tell the system it's up?

12. what have people used for the tachometer input wire? do you connect it to the speed sensor or do you connect it to one of the other things it suggests such as fuel injector crankshaft position sensor camshaft position sensor or something of that nature? and ideas? where is the best place to connect?? what about the speed sensor wire that's in the same harness as the hvac?? would that work??

well this is sooo complicated! but I am getting help from a friend who is an installer at a car audio place locally so hopefully if I can't get answers from you all he will be able to help me. I just don't wanna pay for someone else to do it! call me stingy or whatever, but it's fun doin this, even if this is probably one of the most frustrating projects so far. it'll be worth it!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Johnybeas; 08-13-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added more questions
Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

ok so I've got mostly everything figured out. I don't know though whether I'm supposed to with the system having a remote start if I should connect the ignition wire from the heavy gauge harness for remote start to the stock ignition slot or not??? if that one goes directly to the ignition harness then what connects to the slot for the stock system? or do I leave it??