Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
92 svx lsl marine blue

Exclamation twin turbos?!?!?!?!?!

O man or women wooooo i was just crusing through some pics on here some one PLEASE let me know about the twin turbo set up!!!! please i need more pictures detail on flipping the intake around? all of it just like the pic says superchargers who needs em. if i can do a twin turbo set up please please please fil me in!!! i have been thinkin about taking the twin turbos off a vr4 i have never seen them but i heard there there and if i can have twin turbos woo wee go big or go home!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: twin turbos?!?!?!?!?!

The only twin turbo'ed EG33s in existence are in sand rails out in Cali or in airplanes (to my knowledge, at least)
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM

Maybe you should show us a picture or two of the setup you saw, then we could give you the details.

p.s. a GOODTT setup is never cheap, so you'd better have at least $5k in your pocket to even consider starting a project like that.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Do you mean these pictures? (see attached). There's a few problems with your assumption:

1. It's an Impreza, not an SVX.
2. It's not even an EG33 (the SVX's engine) - note the oil pan in the underside view. Ours is a big tub, and symetrical. That one isn't.

As SVXRide said, there isn't a TT SVX running around that is known to this website.

If you were to try building a twin turbo SVX, I'd say your budget should be more in the $12-15K range. Unless your planning on sticking to 5 or 8 lbs of boost (in which case you might as well stick to a single), you'll need to build up the motor. (pistons, rods, cams, measure/machine the crank and block as required...). Then the turbo system, all custom. Of course a stock 4EAT will turn into a nice pile of metal shavings with 400+ AWHP thrown at it, so you'll need at least an STi 6T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin turbo H-6.jpg (35.9 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg twin turbo H-6 2.jpg (121.3 KB, 286 views)

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 11-21-2008, 12:54 PM
92 svx lsl marine blue

Cool Re: twin turbos?!?!?!?!?!

yea those are the pics. i really would like to do somethin like that. but like you said i daont have no 15, to be doin somethin like that. i was wondering all night cause the intake is reversed and like you said the oil pan is different. it sure would be nice. there is a company out of utah where i moved from called sts turbos they have a turbo setup that boults to the rear of your exaust it looks sweet on most vehicles and we got alot of room in the back if you know what i mean check it out they quoted me 2,200 for the setup.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Nissan guy

There is a twin turbo SVX here in Great Falls. So many have seen it yet I have not. As for a choice in turbos, the 3000GT turbos are weak. If you were to go as far as building an EG for twin turbos, you might as well go with twin disco potatoes. Me personally, I would do a single turbo setup.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinboosted View Post
There is a twin turbo SVX here in Great Falls. So many have seen it yet I have not. As for a choice in turbos, the 3000GT turbos are weak. If you were to go as far as building an EG for twin turbos, you might as well go with twin disco potatoes. Me personally, I would do a single turbo setup.
Your mission:

1. Find this SVX.
2. Take pictures. Many.
3. Get dyno information.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Nissan guy

I doubt I'll see it. It's snowy here and I'll be moving back to Maine in Feb. Hearing about this car was the reason I joined this forum. To find out if Twin Turboing SVXs were common, which they are not. IIRC the word is it's got twin GT28RS turbos, 6 speed manual, pushing 565 whp. Too many people have seen for it to be not true. But if I do see it, I will post ASAP.