Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Fuse for Pwr Seats, Sunroof and Windows.

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? I have a 92 LSL with the same exact problem. I have replaced the relay under the drivers seat "carpet along with fuse #15 and the 30amp fuse under the hood aka sfp1...STILL NOTTA.. ANY IDEAS ANYONE please...
Old 05-20-2007, 07:06 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA's_SVX
Did you ever find a fix for this problem? I have a 92 LSL with the same exact problem. I have replaced the relay under the drivers seat "carpet along with fuse #15 and the 30amp fuse under the hood aka sfp1...STILL NOTTA.. ANY IDEAS ANYONE please...
The "problem" is in no way properly described, if at all within the thread. If you will take time to do so in detail, I will try to assist. The circuitry involved is quite complicated. What skills have you in this respect?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 PM

When I thought nothing was left to replace on my SVX I was proven WRONG!

My power windows, sunroof and drivers seat all quit working after I opened the sunroof and had put all 4 windows down. The drivers seat also stopped functioning completely. After reading a few threads here I followed several peoples ideas on troubleshooting this problem. This is what I have replaced in detail with No luck at all... I'm in the "Boonies" of West virginia with the closest subaru dealer located about 250 miles from me so I'm forcing me to be a fix it yourself person!!!

I removed the drivers seat and replaced the 12 volt relay under the carpet which was a 4 pin connection to a Black square box. There was a seperate round looking relay which had no type of part number attached to the same bracket as this relay but I have no idea of its purpose and have not replaced it.

I have replaced the 15 amp fuse in the Drivers side kick plate which was not bad to start with but thought what the heck. I have also replaced the 30 amp fuse in the main fuse compartment under the hood which controls many other functions from what I have been told.

Any SVX TECHS out there have any ideas of an in-line fuse or relay that I may have missed and it's location... Will the ECU cause this problem? I'M totally LOST and My car IS STUCK in the GARAGE and UNable to be driven because of this trouble... Well unless I take a chance of not hitting a THUNDERSTORM....

PLEASE HELP
Old 05-20-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
...There was a seperate round looking relay which had no type of part number attached to the same bracket as this relay but I have no idea of its purpose and have not replaced it.
This is a circuit breaker that resets itself when it cools off. It could be your problem. IIRC, it's 20 amp (but maybe not) and is designed to prevent overloading by using too many of the devises at the same time. Should be safe to bridge it for a test, just don't do more than 1 motor at the same time. One of mine had corroded and I replaced it with a generic from Advance Auto. Let me know if you need to know the amps and I'll look it up.

Good luck.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:38 PM

The car has set for about 8 days since the problem occured. I checked for any type of voltage at this connection and found that I had nothing... Very Puzzled

Do you know what device would feed this IIRC? Thanks for the quick reply..
Old 05-20-2007, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX
All three items which are evidently not receiving a supply, are supplied from one common circuit, so that the interruption of this circuit must be the cause your problem. Not a fault in any component involved only with any single item that is not working.

The first link in this circuit is a 30 amp fuse in the main board, number SFB 1. You must check that there is voltage present at the output from this fuse and that it is intact. Use a test lamp, or anything which will draw current rather than a voltmeter. Refer to my locker, “Testing For Voltage Drop”, for the reason why.

The next links are plug/socket connections, it would appear are located under the dashboard. Unfortunately I can not advise exactly where in your case, as my manual covers only right hand drive cars. You are looking for, B72 contact F9 then B98, R3. If you can locate these, and check for voltage at these points, you will have traced most of the circuit involved.

There could well be a member, who has a left hand drive manual and is able to assist with the exact location of these connectors.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-20-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvs
This is a circuit breaker that resets itself when it cools off. It could be your problem. IIRC, it's 20 amp (but maybe not) and is designed to prevent overloading by using too many of the devises at the same time. Should be safe to bridge it for a test, just don't do more than 1 motor at the same time. One of mine had corroded and I replaced it with a generic from Advance Auto. Let me know if you need to know the amps and I'll look it up.

Good luck.

THE IIRC was the EXACT PROBLEM.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
I feel Like I owe you $$$$$.... I have seen this problem on here many times so hopefully this will help many others in the future.. Thanks again..
Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
THE IIRC was the EXACT PROBLEM.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
I feel Like I owe you $$$$$.... I have seen this problem on here many times so hopefully this will help many others in the future.. Thanks again..
i.e. The last link in the chain, as per my previous lengthy post. Good news that you found it, as a result of advice covering direct experience.