Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Talking Some pix of this weekend's 6MT upgrade

I upgraded to a 6mt this weekend. More pics are available in my locker. Siiiiiiiiiiiiick! This 1000 mi break in schedule is TOURTURE!!

Don't worry, I'm keeping the SVX too. She's burst a hose each of the last 3 times I've driven her, so she's going to go up for some restoration. In the meantime...

92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Very bootyful man .... Hopefully I wil be posting pics of my new subaru in about 2 years... Gotta get done with the majority of this damn degree first though before I go buying another car ...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 PM

Yea..I hear ya on that. I'm in the stage between huge college bills and huge family bills, so I figured it's prime time to squeeze in an STi.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Scared me for a second that someone beat me to the first 6MT in the southwest... lol Mine should be done tom. night.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Locker Link Solution

yeah, I was thinking "did he even have time to get familiar with his 5spd?!?!"

Nice addition!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:58 PM

Yea, I have to give "mad props" to the 5MT SVX. After my first test drive of the STI I figured the SVX was going to feel dull and slow. But, despite the marked difference in acceleration, the SVX still felt great...so strong, smooth, and responsive. Great powertrain!

Old 08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Congrats on the new car. The general concensus in the Evo community is that the break-in period for an Evo should include some mild boosting at lower to mid rpms to help seat the rings. No WOT redline boosting though. :-)

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

HOT! Welcome to the '06 Impreza club!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Congrats on the new car. The general concensus in the Evo community is that the break-in period for an Evo should include some mild boosting at lower to mid rpms to help seat the rings. No WOT redline boosting though. :-)
LOL...dangit! I've been doing some low to mid RPM boosting...I have stayed away from the WOT stuff, though.

Chike, thanks for the welcome. Any good WRX boards besides NASIOC. I know none are as good as this place, but is there anywhere where I can kill a few minutes if I get bored?

Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Call me dumb, but I was thinking man did he sleep at all, that weekend? He did a swap in a weekend wow!

Congrats! on the new car!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast
Call me dumb, but I was thinking man did he sleep at all, that weekend? He did a swap in a weekend wow!

Congrats! on the new car!
His svx could very easily be upgraded to 6mt in a weekend. All the hard work is done.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 PM

true, true. Good to know . Well, as of today it's at 380mi. Never have I been more thankful for a long commute. I bet y'all will be glad when I get to 1k, have my fun, finally shut up, and end this thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Niiiiiiicccccceeeee!!!

Congratulations my friend! How's your employer feel about your new car

Todd
Old 08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
One teal and One yellow

Congrat on ur new 6mt.

Drive more to get her broken in

How many colors are they availabe in this STi?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05