How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-15-2006, 07:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to trieck1232 Send a message via MSN to trieck1232
Unhappy Remote start question

I have a code alarm system ca545-425 combo, works great except for the remote start feature...i get 5 chirps does anybody have experence with this i have it all hooled up correctly except for the wire called remote start activate, no clue where this goes

thanks
travis
Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by trieck1232
I have a code alarm system ca545-425 combo, works great except for the remote start feature...i get 5 chirps does anybody have experence with this i have it all hooled up correctly except for the wire called remote start activate, no clue where this goes

thanks
travis
I'm not familiar with the system, But I have LOTS of experience with remote starters. Does the system have a safety hood pin wire? If so, What did you do with it? does the instructions give an explanation as to the function of the remote start activate wire? Does it explain what the 5 chirps means?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
I'm not familiar with the system, But I have LOTS of experience with remote starters. Does the system have a safety hood pin wire? If so, What did you do with it? does the instructions give an explanation as to the function of the remote start activate wire? Does it explain what the 5 chirps means?
no explanation on the 5 chirps except for, ground pin (hood pin) not installed, it is and it isnt grounded, safty switch installed and not broken etc., and brake wire installed which it is, the only other wire that i can find that i can think of is the remote start activate, which goes to ign 3 wheich the svx doesnt have i have a 1995 by the way i havnt a clue what the wire does but im thinking somthing with activation the remote start, the rest of the system woks great locks lights etc,
Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
no explanation on the 5 chirps except for, ground pin (hood pin) not installed, it is and it isnt grounded, safty switch installed and not broken etc., and brake wire installed which it is, the only other wire that i can find that i can think of is the remote start activate, which goes to ign 3 wheich the svx doesnt have i have a 1995 by the way i havnt a clue what the wire does but im thinking somthing with activation the remote start, the rest of the system woks great locks lights etc,
Try this. Connect the remote start activate wire to ignition1. Disconnect the brake wire and hood pin wire and see what happens. Get back to me, I'll be on all day more or less.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 PM

nah its like 60% humidity and 95 degrees ill do it when its a bit cooler ill get ahold of you when i do it tho thanks for the ideas, any idea what the wire is for anyway...never had a alarm with this before
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
nah its like 60% humidity and 95 degrees ill do it when its a bit cooler ill get ahold of you when i do it tho thanks for the ideas, any idea what the wire is for anyway...never had a alarm with this before
I'm thinking it could be an ignition sense wire but there is no way of really telling without knowledge of the system. But either way, If it goes to an ignition it will do no harm to hook it up to ignition 1. Let me know.