Old 03-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Mine looks stock...

Tom
Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i also tried to keep my car looking stock, its better not to draw attention to yourself, the wrong kind atleast
phil
Old 03-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
the only thing i would like to do (astheticly) is to get as close to the proto wide-body design as i could. i like the proto's look, much more aggressive and classy than the production models. performance mods, if it cost effective then it makes sense to do it. wheels, ehh its hard to find a good looking wheel besides the stockers. Spoiler wise. i like oe spoilers only. i have been trying to get my hands on a small WRX wing to do a dry-fit, just to see how it looks. the stock/JDM look fantastic on the car. the waterfall looks great when polished correctly (i need to do that)
In my opinion the overall look of the car is so unique that minimal mods need to be done, the car already draws enough attention as is. performance=$

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-19-2006, 01:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I love the stock look. That being said there are things I think can be improved upon. Idealy the protoype SVX is absolutely perfect. It is one of my three dream cars. The 944 turbo S, the SVX, and the Pagani Zonda C12S.

The only things I would change about the current stock looks would be putting a 97 grill on it, I personally dont like the front bumper so an euro bumper will be going on here in my case, I think the lines of the car would look better with the sideskirts but thats not possible right now, and thats about it.

As far as performance mods; Ill come back and edit this post.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:42 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I agree with the stock look.

I like the waterfall and headlight design. When they are crystal clear and polished, they look exquisite and unlike any other car. The same with the wheels; it is a beautiful design and complements the car well. I wish they were 17" but...

Anyway, think back to the first time you saw your first SVX, whether in a showroom or on the road. More than likely the car you fell in love with was probably stock.

19's are a little too big but this is an Idea of the stock wheels bigger. ROH can make wheels to suit your needs but I'm sure it's $$$

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 03-14-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to SVXfan01 Send a message via Yahoo to SVXfan01
Anyone have a pic of the Prototype Wide body SVX? I wanna see it!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
SVX is like Burger King

You can have it your way.

I think that the stock look is great but there is always room for personalizing. I have moved my rear spoiler back and the car looks better from the side. The spoiler extends off the deck lid but does not go past the rear bumper. from the rear it look the same.

The lowering kit is not that bad. I saw Earthworms last spring and man did it look great. It had that right height look. Not to low.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 03-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
The stock looks are pretty hard to improve upon.(except the grill) No offense waterfall lovers. Now when it comes to performance mods,aaahhh, Well, you can see my siggy. I just gotta have my daily fix of horsepower.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
who thinks svx's should just be left stock? They don't seem very mod-friendly at all and already have reliability issues which aftermarket stuff doesn't really help. I don't know, I kinda like having one as a nice, quiet daily driver with just enough pickup to make me grin.. why ruin a good thing? Maybe I'm just getting old
Amen.

A) Most common "performance" mods (such as butchering the intake) don't enhance performance. You might think you're gaining a smidgen of something somewhere, but I'll guarantee it's at the expense of something else. Those Subaru engineers are actually pretty bright folks.

B) The SVX looks great as designed and nothing anyone does to it cosmetically is an improvement.

C) Unlike the SVX, there are a bazillion cookie-cutter cars on the road for which speed and auto parts shops have all manner of aftermarket gadgets and gizmos. If "tuning's" your thing, buy something that's not rare and has aftermarket support, and tune that.

D) Every modded SVX leaves one fewer stock example in the ranks, and that's a shame. It's one thing if you rescue a flogged-to-death SVX from the junkyard and mod or race it, but another thing entirely to go after a good solid stocker with a hacksaw in the essentially futile and pointless quest for a tad more speed, or noise, or whatever.

dcb