SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx

And by the way guys.... it's "reckless" not "wreckless".
Nahhhh.... reckless is the girly girly way of spelling it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I see idiots every day between my house and town, 7 miles of twisty canyon road, the guys who drive it at 30mph, presumably because it is the maximum safe speed, are the same ones who cut into the oncoming lane, sometimes drive right up the center of the road, run the stop sign-not a rolling stop, but practically ignore it- refuse to pull over and let faster trafic by, then complain about people driving too fast, because speed is so much more dangerous than what they are doing! Same thing goes for dawdelers in the left lane
Same thing happens here, and we also have people that drive in the left lane, and it always seems to be a competition to be in front. I hate that, people will work their but off to try to pass you, just to pull in front of you and slow way the heck down. ???!!?!?! you resume your speed while passing and the prick will do it again. WTF I think they want to be run off the road. Consequently.. I have been run off the road several times and that really aggravates me too. I'm cruisin along in bumper to bumper traffic on the highway and I suddenly notice a yellow flash out of the corner of my eye... the woman just put on here blinker and changed lanes... doing the same speed as me, with our front bumpers at the same point. It was a Blue A4 with license plate "munich".. I caught up to her beeping and flashing my lights and she didn't even move her eyes... she was completely oblivious to the fact that I existed!!! I didn't report it, but when I found out I cracked my rim and didn't just blow the seal I wish I had. I'm just lucky there was no guard rail there. I've been run off in the slow lane too mostly old people in the middle of the day! Seems like they forget why they are in the passing lane, or their exit is coming up and...
-sorry about the rant-
I may follow someone if I was concerned for other drivers and I had absoloutly nothing to do... but two people??? Sounds wierd to me. If you were following someone, and noticed someone else following wouldn't you be concerned?? How old was the jetta? I was actually paid to take a running Samurai once. How much were these cars really worth is what I'm getting at? Really sounds fishy to me. Around here there are only two things an officer can ticket you for without seeing.. reckless driving, and running a traffic control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
And by the way guys.... it's "reckless" not "wreckless".
"wreck"less is a good thing
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 02-27-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Reckless driving or not if his vehicle did not touch another car how can it be his fault for damages? In California you are responsible for your own actions and reactions. Example if I slam on the brakes and I get rear ended. It's there fault for not keeping a safe distance. It dont matter if they slammed on the brakes to try and stop or if they brakes locked up and they still slid into me. Crooks use the swoop and squat to take advantage of this situation. This may be some variation of a staged collision.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Speedklix-

I bought a $150 tire once because I was run off the road by some turd driving up the center, then months later some **** changed lanes into me, I called the cops, we each gave our reports, he admited to doing it, but said it was my fault for not geting out of the way I wish I could have gotten his lisence plates faster, I could have stoped and gotten him a hit-n-run ticket while I was at it like I did for the turd in the M-class who was 100% in my lane coming arround a blind turn
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
the question still remains though, HOW did they both simultaneously have the SAME idea to follow him, at enough speed to catch up to him and find out where he lives.......AFTER a wreck? things don't add up here
Most 'accident scenes' I have seen were people exchanging informarion, and trying to find a ride home.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
Angry

I agree with the rest of the forum population that ticket is pure BS. and it does sound like someting fraudlent. (i cant spell) I would do research, read city traffic code. by federal law it has to be avalable to the public. find and write down the conditions that would be "reckless" deffinatly make note that the officer was not present at the time of the "accident" Fight this one to the end, because it will bite you hard and wont let you go for a long time if you dont.
I hate people that lie about accidents

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac
Reckless driving or not if his vehicle did not touch another car how can it be his fault for damages? In California you are responsible for your own actions and reactions. Example if I slam on the brakes and I get rear ended. It's there fault for not keeping a safe distance. It dont matter if they slammed on the brakes to try and stop or if they brakes locked up and they still slid into me. Crooks use the swoop and squat to take advantage of this situation. This may be some variation of a staged collision.
My brother was almost victimized by that scam!! fortunately for bro, some CITIZEN was fed up with the swoop and slam scam, and hung around to talk to the COP!! My bro got his truck fixed, and the scammer got his day in COURT!!
Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

In response to inquiry, both of the vehicles in question are in complete shambles. The Jetta was the nicer of the two, but I still wouldn't give up more than $1k for it.

My plan is to fight it, but coming up with that plan of attack is the tricky part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't know much of anything yet as my court date arrives on the 13 of March. I don't know about the public defender, because if I can formulate a strong argument while leaving my self as neutral as I can be in this situation, I won't use a defender.

Everyone here is making damn fine points about all this, and plan on using some of them in court.

The scene of the accident, or at least where it is said to have taken place, contains no evidence of any tire marks or damage whatsoever.

Please give me suggestions as to how I can present all of this in court, cause I don't want to go in to all of this cold turkey.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 PM

<<I don't know about the public defender, because if I can formulate a strong argument while leaving my self as neutral as I can be in this situation, I won't use a defender.>>

um...I don't know about your state, but here in NJ your not going to be offered a public defender for a traffic ticket. as for help, find out what the name of your motor vehicle code is out there. (example of Nj vehicle code is Title 39.) i'll try to help out on that end if you can find out that part.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
research research research. read state and city traffic code over and over to find strong arguments for your case

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust