Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-06-2006, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Bunch of Qs relating to Fender/Hood/Bumper cover removal.

Really I want to talk to one of you guys on the phone who has torn apart an SVX or two. I'm replacing the front drivers fender, hood, bumper cover (if its not to hard to remove), radiator (pwr?), and straightening out the upper radiator support (I heard its easy to remove, but looks pretty darn extensive to me.).

Currently I have the headlights out, and the fender almost free. something behind the ground effects is holding it on. Not sure how to remove the ground affects. I have no idea which bolts to pull when pulling the hood off, I also don't have a clue as how to remove the bumper cover. help would be appreciated.

James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
James,
they are pretty straightforward, you just have to make sure you've also pulled out the plastic plugs as well as unscrewed all of the bolts. Have you removed the fender liners yet? They're probably the first things you want to remove before moving on to taking the fenders off.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-06-2006, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Predone

The last owner hit something and it ripped out the liner apparently. Cause its sitting in the trunk. Heh. So yes, its removed. as far as putting it back, another story. Probobly just gonna take it from the other parts car. I presume that it will be easy?
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!