Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

SVX rotors for the SVX museum

Well I failed my inspection today.

1. Need new front rotors. NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE WARPED but because they have been worn too thin. I'm guessing that mine might be the first SVX to actually wear out its rotors prior to warping killing them young. Anybody else???

2. I guess my one rear strut has developed a leak as well.

Even with 2k miles a year the thing still costs me more to get inspected then both the XT and the BRAT this year.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: SVX rotors for the SVX museum

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Well I failed my inspection today.

1. Need new front rotors. NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE WARPED but because they have been worn too thin. I'm guessing that mine might be the first SVX to actually wear out its rotors prior to warping killing them young. Anybody else???

Nope, sorry Ben you're not the first. I replaced mine in 2001 at 134,xxx miles after they had ben cut twice and would not stand a third cut
Old 08-23-2004, 04:34 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
I had one shop say they were too thin to resurface, and two years later when I finally got around to replacing them(this august),
another shop told me my old rotors were fine.....

That and percentages of brake pad left vary soo wildly. One place told me I had 50% left. 8 months later another shop told me I had 70% left.

I wonder why the guestimates are soo off.
http://www.svxwrx.com

Last edited by htyei; 08-23-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I wore out my rotors to the point they were so thin they cracked but they were not warped. Don' t know exact mileage - could probably look it up but I'd guess around 150k.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Re: SVX rotors for the SVX museum

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Nope, sorry Ben you're not the first. I replaced mine in 2001 at 134,xxx miles after they had ben cut twice and would not stand a third cut
Ah but yours were cut. These weren't!!! No resurfacing what-so-ever. Never needed it!!!

But I would have to say Matt has it as well! Maybe it isn't a design flaw. Just a driving flaw . Just kidding .

Last edited by benebob; 08-23-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I am pretty sure mine were never cut. They were most likely original when I got the car at 100k, and I never cut them.
In fact, I might even still have them in the garage - or maybe I just kept the rears.

It's the driving
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.