Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 12:02 AM
srmifer

After a long hiatus...

Just wanted to say 'hey'. I used to be a frequent visitor/contributor of these boards when I owned an SVX. Sadly, I managed to buy myself an absolute lemon, so I had to sell it. I ended up getting a 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 litre. I do enjoy the perverse pleasure of pulling up to some ricer, having a laugh, then smoking his ass. But let's just say, getting 10 mpg (premium only) isn't thrilling...and added to that, the upkeep on this thing is more than when I owned the SVX (minus the motor replacement).
I have found that in searching for another used car that I end up searching for SVXes. You could almost say that I've come to my senses. And it doesn't help that my sister just got a '97 Outback b/c the interior is too reminicent of my old flying (yet refined) wedge...and now I long for the subie. Once you drive the car, it sticks with you. Basically...I WANT ANOTHER, DAMNIT!! In my messed up mind, it all equates to selling the jeep, buying a SVX...throwing in a 5 spd (maybe 6 speed )...and having some cash left over to do a maintenance/a little upgrading. Either that, or if someone would like to sell me theirs cheap or with a 5spd already installed
But yeah, it's SVX or I'm in search of a Volvo S70 t5 manual, which is almost harder to find than the SVX around here. The subie is just so much cooler though in my mind. Anyways, I know this post really has no point other than just to ramble...so my apologies. Just felt like giving a shout, and I hope, in the near future, to join the ranks of owners once again. Peace out!

Last edited by srmifer; 07-21-2003 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Well, hopefully you'll be able to find yourself a nice SVX. Then you can come back from the darkside (the Jeep)... and try your hand at a manaul conversion, and maybe some other goodies. Good luck.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-21-2003, 04:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
there is a couple on autotrader.com for sale. You just have to be willing to travel.