Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
92 looking to trade

so im putting my car up for trade or possible sale. im looking for pretty much any other subaru, may consider something else but another subaru is what im after. the svx just isnt very practical for me right now and really the only way i want to get rid of it is if i get another subaru. id rather trade for something, but im willing to sell so make an offer if interested because ive got my eye on a red 2.5 gt right now. if anyone has a subaru sitting around that theyd like to swap for a great 92 let me know. the one thing i do require is that it is a manual. this is a great car that has always been good to me. im not hurting to get rid of it as it gets the job done, im just looking for something a little more practical for me right now. if i could afford to keep her i would but i cant have 2 cars right now. here are the details:

State SVX is in: colorado

Year:1992

Model:lsl

VIN: can get upon request

Paint Color: silver/black

Interior Color: black

Miles: tmu, speedo doesnt work, quit working about a month after i got the car, im closing in on a year of ownership now with the mileage reading about 143k, so 143k miles plus a little less than a year of driving mileage is an estimate.

Options: normal stuff, sunroof, spoiler, leather etc

AWD or FWD:awd

Modifications: intake silencer removed, tranny cooler, power mode, new sony cd player, ecu crush, trans resistor, i do have all the old parts like the silencer, old stereo, old trans resistor too.

Major service: tranny flushed a few months after purchase, new tires a few months after purchase, put in cooler, replaced cv axle, replaced plugs recently, all oil changes on time or sooner, just put a brand new battery in it about a week ago that has a 3 year warranty.

Engine Condition: runs great, doesnt smoke, oil changed more than regularly since ive owned it, never let me down. does leak a little bit of oil from the drivers side of the motor, it looks kinda bad underneath, probaby from buildup, but i dont have to add oil much, maybe a half quart between oil changes.

Maintenance Records: some, i mostly do everything myself as i like to be educated with my vehicle, i changed the oil before it ever got very dark as im paranoid about blowing an engine or something.

Transmission condition: shifts fine, has cooler, flushed awhile back as mentioned

Glass condition: no crackes, a few minor chips but nothing major on windshield, all other windows are perfect

Type of tire and remaining tread: not sure on type of tire, something firestone makes, alot of tread remaining as they have only been on since may or a little before. also have 2 other tires ill throw in too if the buyer wants them, no rims.

Type of wheels: stock

Interior condition: great condition. back seat looks brand new, drivers seat has a little wear but its alot better than alot ive seen. did have some issues with the center console but i got those fixed. shifter surround was cracked but i replaced it with another, it is gray so it matches the console, not the dash but doesnt look bad. interior does look pretty amazing for a 92.

Body condition: ok, does have a dent in the pass. side door crease up front. someone hit me in the parking lot and ran. a few paint scrapes, paint peel on the spoiler. a paintjob would fix everything except where i was hit which isnt too bad.

Known defects or problems: speedo doesnt work, could use some koni inserts or newer struts but drives just fine how it is, something with the starter is messed up as you have to turn the key on and off a few times before it will start sometimes. i read up on it on here and it was a $60 fix, it just didnt bother me enough to worry about it. all other issues ive encountered have been fixed.

Comments about the car: it has been a great car for me, does amazing in the snow and probably one of the best cars i will ever own, which is why i want to stick with a subaru. the only 2 things it needs is the speedo fixed and new struts. koni is obviously the way to go anyway so itll be a wanted fix/upgrade. it is in good shape overall however and drives amazing. if you have any questions pm me.

Asking price: make me an offer!!

Pictures: here are links to 2 pictures, i dont have access to a camera right now but i can send a picture message via a cell phone if youd like.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...4&d=1222705619
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...5&d=1222705648
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: 92 looking to trade

price please......
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2009, 04:12 PM

price is best offer.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

$5... Seriously though you should give people an idea as to the ballpark you are looking at getting for the vehicle..
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

I've been giving people a chance to "offer" on my Olds I've been trying to sell and nobody likes to offer... ever.. lol
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
$5... Seriously though you should give people an idea as to the ballpark you are looking at getting for the vehicle..
come on man...you can do better than that. I'm going $15
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM

$51.01 . . . . .
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 PM

ok, well i guess ill say..... $2800, anyone interested can go from there i guess.

Last edited by JLHollowX13; 02-04-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:28 PM

price drop to 2500 obo. i found a legacy wagon i want at a dealer for a great price so i want to get my hands on it before someone else does.

so help me out here people! make me an offer!