SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 12:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
SubaruParts.com *IS* awesome! :)

I just had a chat with Scott about my mom's Legacy. I won't bore you with the details, but it was a problem that a small service department in FL wouldn't be that familiar with. Scott talked to his shop about the problem and found a part number for me.

My hereo.

Even though I wasn't buying anything from him, Scott solved my problem for me. I'm thoroughly impressed. I'll need some parts for my SVX in spring, and I'll definitely be ordering them from him.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-12-2002, 06:31 PM
ehyde111

I've purchased a couple of things from them too. nothing but good results. SHipping is fast too. Also check out www.svxparts.com . It's a subset of their site. I love the schematic part diagrams..
Old 01-16-2002, 01:02 PM
I look like Gordon

Since I have made some negative comments about them in the past, I think I should now say that I too was very impressed with my last visit. The ability to ask questions of a real person while placing your order is a huge bonus, and the live update of the shopping cart during the chat is pretty slick. If the order actually gets to me this time, then I think they have reclaimed a potentially lost customer.

Anyone know if the AC compressor is shared with other Subaru models? I would like to find a used one if possible because it is $524.99 new. Ouch.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
Since I have made some negative comments about them in the past, I think I should now say that I too was very impressed with my last visit. The ability to ask questions of a real person while placing your order is a huge bonus, and the live update of the shopping cart during the chat is pretty slick. If the order actually gets to me this time, then I think they have reclaimed a potentially lost customer.

Anyone know if the AC compressor is shared with other Subaru models? I would like to find a used one if possible because it is $524.99 new. Ouch.
You think $525- is expensive. Check out you local Infinity or Honda dealer. Better yet get the price for an AC compressor for an auto trans 2+2 Z-car.
Old 01-16-2002, 02:14 PM
calmone

car-parts.com has compressors from $100 on up. you can call and hopefully get some idea of the condition of some. most places have toll free numbers.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:09 PM
I look like Gordon

It wouldn't be expensive if I needed it. It is only expensive because I just "want" it. I only drive the car occasionally, and this past summer it just stayed in the garage when it was hot outside. I just don't like the idea that some part of the car is not working perfectly. I want to fix the rear window washer for the same reason. I'll never use it, but I want it to work anyway.

I'm sure you know how it is...

I will check out some used compressors and let you know what I find.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:

I'm sure you know how it is...

I don't know if he does, but I do. Here's how bad I am: My radiator cap was not sealing well after I first bought the car, so, I went into autozone and bought a replacement. It worked perfectly, but, it wasn't stock. It finally got on my nerves so bad, I wound up ordering a new one ( almost ten bucks as opposed to my 3.00 after market). Trouble is, the sticker on the new one, isn't the sticker that was on the old original one. So, now, that's driving me nuts. I've been on a "rip and tear" search of the garage to try to find my old cap so I can gently remove the sticker and place it on my new one.

Am I eat up with it, or what?!?!?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Whoa!

So that "stock boy" comment I made a short time ago truly was spot on, eh Randy? Sometimes you scare me.

I would hope that your Subaru parts supplier NEVER reads this thread for your bank accounts sake!
Old 01-16-2002, 09:16 PM
ehyde111

Question

Quote:
The ability to ask questions of a real person while placing your order is a huge bonus. . .
Rufus, how did you do this? I've purchased from their website 2 times (recently) and never saw a live chat option. It would have really helped, though.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I don't know if he does, but I do. Here's how bad I am: My radiator cap was not sealing well after I first bought the car, so, I went into autozone and bought a replacement. It worked perfectly, but, it wasn't stock. It finally got on my nerves so bad, I wound up ordering a new one ( almost ten bucks as opposed to my 3.00 after market). Trouble is, the sticker on the new one, isn't the sticker that was on the old original one. So, now, that's driving me nuts. I've been on a "rip and tear" search of the garage to try to find my old cap so I can gently remove the sticker and place it on my new one.

Am I eat up with it, or what?!?!?
Wow! Randyi & Rufus got a bad case of the anals. I suggest we start a new thread in the theme of "You know yer a redneck when......."
How about, "You know you're anal about your SVX when......"
We may hit 26,000 posts on this one alone!
Ron (pass the Q-tips) Mummert.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Whoa!

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
So that "stock boy" comment I made a short time ago truly was spot on, eh Randy? Sometimes you scare me.

I would hope that your Subaru parts supplier NEVER reads this thread for your bank accounts sake!
Yep, that's me. Good ol' "stock boy."

I only scare you *Sometimes?* Damn, that's an improvement over most people. You might be able to be my friend.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-17-2002, 08:36 AM
I look like Gordon

Quote:
Originally posted by ehyde111
Rufus, how did you do this? I've purchased from their website 2 times (recently) and never saw a live chat option. It would have really helped, though.
There's another thread about this around here somewhere. Basically, you'll see the live chat link if the feature is available when you log in. If it isn't, then check back a little later.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:08 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

There's another thread about this around here somewhere. Basically, you'll see the live chat link if the feature is available when you log in. If it isn't, then check back a little later.
When you go to www.subaruparts.com, click on the "parts" button at the top. Amongst the text will be something to the effect "if you would like to talk to a live person, click here." This option only appears if Scott is "at his desk" and is available for live chat.

When Ryan PM'd me just before they released this feature to everyone and asked if I wanted to try it out, that was my only "complaint:" That it was not "obvious" enough that there was a live person on. I searched around for a while before I realized where to "hook up." Nonetheless, it is a VERY COOL feature.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-18-2002, 09:08 AM
subaruparts.com

better?

Yah, it wasn't totally obvious at first. Now things are set up in such a way that when Scotty is online the following things will happen:
You will see something on the left side of the page, right about the same spot where the 'Show Cart' link is usually found that says "Realtime Part Quote" (the show cart link is still there!)

Also the part request form changes to display a link to the live help instead of the form, unless they do not have Javascript enabled. Basically because we can help them right then and there.

The only other thing that is set up right now with the live chat is when *I* am online a link will show up in the SUPPORT page saying "click here to talk to our webmaster"

I hope that clears things up a bit. After the inital reaction to the chat system we chose to funnel people into it when we can as it makes things go alot smoother.

As for that infernal parts request form (available in the evening) it will be reciving an overhaul here in the next few days.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:15 AM

Registered SVX
Ryan, Kudos once again. I just wish you were closer. My front brake pads took a crap today, so, I'll have to spend the 71.00 for the set that the dealer charges, plus the shop mark-up, plus labor.

Keep up the good work, and . . . viva la drop ship!!!
Subaru Ambassador