How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Brian Steel

Has anyone seen these seats? Suede centers

Wondered if anybody has seen these seats before. They're in a 1992 silver SVX and have suede centers with I believe leather on the outside. Front and rear seats both this way and it looks like a factory job.

Suede center seats
Old 01-11-2002, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
They are the stock factory seats in the base LS model. The center panels are the same Escaine material used on the dashboard and armrests. The LS-L (Touring package) came with the all-leather
interior.

There was a third interior for the SVX, available on the 95 front wheel drive L model

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 01-11-2002 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:24 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
If you have seen a 95 FWD seat, it is the same as my 94L seat. The inside is cloth instead of suede.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Phil & Belha

I've seen those seats on a 1992 Alcyone version E, the first SVX I ever test-drove. Leather seats with a suede centre.

I think in some ways they are nicer than the full leather seats, they are more unusual and interesting - like the SVX itself.

Phil.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:43 PM

Now that I am in the market for another SVX, I should look out for that LS
I really like the seat! The stereo is not a big thing for me since I am going to put an AM in there anyway.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 01-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Now that I am in the market for another SVX, I should look out for that LS
I really like the seat! The stereo is not a big thing for me since I am going to put an AM in there anyway.

Lwin
Now there's a brave soul who's really willing to go retro! A radio that's AM only. I haven't seen one of those since my 64 Fairlaine. I mean with all the "high fidelity" freaks out there, you are taking a bold, bold step. Most people try to upgrade with amps and subs and all kindsa bull pucky and here you are reducing yourself to mono. My hat's off to you.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Who watches the watchmen?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
There was a third interior for the SVX, available on the 95 front wheel drive L model
The vinyl/cloth seats are the same for all L models (94-97) regardless of FWD or AWD. My 95 L AWD had the same interior as the FWD version.

Matt
Old 01-12-2002, 06:29 AM
svxeno

Bull Pucky?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Now there's a brave soul who's really willing to go retro! A radio that's AM only. I haven't seen one of those since my 64 Fairlaine. I mean with all the "high fidelity" freaks out there, you are taking a bold, bold step. Most people try to upgrade with amps and subs and all kindsa bull pucky and here you are reducing yourself to mono. My hat's off to you.
Aredub,

"Bull pucky", BULL PUCKY?!? "Try to upgrade?" I'm injured. You have now forced me to post my adventure on the Network. (As soon as I have it) <- next few days or so

"Bull pucky" sheesh!

Randy (Wondering what happened to Aredub's piano lesson money) ii

ps: I wish I only had an AM radio, 1 radio...1 speaker.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Thanks!

I was initially looking at the "After Market" XMs but I do not believe in paying money for radio (although I do donate money for NPR). But XM head units are ugly so I am thinking going AM and a CB. What do you think?

Lwin
Old 01-12-2002, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nordique14

The vinyl/cloth seats are the same for all L models (94-97) regardless of FWD or AWD. My 95 L AWD had the same interior as the FWD version.

Matt
Just for your information:

94 L was FWD only
95 L can be either FWD or AWD
96 only came in LS or LSi and
in 97 they only came in LSi.

lwin
Old 01-12-2002, 12:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Bull Pucky?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

Aredub,

"Bull pucky", BULL PUCKY?!? "Try to upgrade?" I'm injured. You have now forced me to post my adventure on the Network. (As soon as I have it) <- next few days or so

"Bull pucky" sheesh!

HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!!

Randy (Wondering what happened to Aredub's piano lesson money) ii

I donated my piano lesson money to help start up the SVX World Network.

ps: I wish I only had an AM radio, 1 radio...1 speaker.

Yep, I can just see a big ol' bare, single cone 6X9 sitting on your dashboard -- wires strung across the Ecsaine on the passenger's side above the glove compartment.

Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-12-2002, 12:15 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Thanks!

I was initially looking at the "After Market" XMs but I do not believe in paying money for radio (although I do donate money for NPR). But XM head units are ugly so I am thinking going AM and a CB. What do you think?

Lwin
>static and crackling< BREAKER, BREAKER >static< At's a big tin-four own tha CB, good buddy, dontcha know >static/crackling< 'at reception own tha AM radio awta be wall to wall and tree top tall >crackle/sputter< keep the shiney side up and the greasy side down now, y'hear? >crackle/static< we gone, bye-bye. >static . . .<
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-12-2002, 02:26 PM
svxeno

Thumper? Isn't that a bunny?

<<<HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!! >>>

Aredub,

You'd (and everyone around me in the car) will be happy to know that I do not entertain the neighbors (so to speak) with 40 HZ vibrations. I do however entertaint my occupants with clean clean CLEAN sound. (Jusluvthemblues)

Randy (Go Buccaneers) ii

ps: There would still be two speakers. Screwed into the bottom of the dash and bent to face upwards. No covers or nothin'. (My very first install) Did I mention 8-track?
Old 01-13-2002, 12:37 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Thumper? Isn't that a bunny?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno
<<<HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!! >>>

Aredub,

You'd (and everyone around me in the car) will be happy to know that I do not entertain the neighbors (so to speak) with 40 HZ vibrations. I do however entertaint my occupants with clean clean CLEAN sound. (Jusluvthemblues)

Randy (Go Buccaneers) ii

ps: There would still be two speakers. Screwed into the bottom of the dash and bent to face upwards. No covers or nothin'. (My very first install) Did I mention 8-track?
Ah, good man! Sorry, I really meant no slight. Blues is good! Clean Blues is mo' betta! Boomin' is bad. Hopefully I can hear your system at the 10th Anniversary meet.

Do you still have an 8-track? If so, I can lend you the two tapes I have left: Peter Paul and Mary -- the first ten years, and, The Lovin' Spoonful's Greatest Hits.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-13-2002, 08:29 PM
SVXPlanes

Question

Hey Brian,

When and where did you see that '92 'L' model? I had a Subaru factory rep tell me that the '92 'L' was never "offically" sold in the US