IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Long LONG time no post

Well,
I'm home today actually working on my baby. The other day I noticed a nasty sound coming from the rear-end when I apply the breaks. Oh MAN! Time has come for my pads. It's my first time taking apart the backend and it was a silly simple affair. I'll take the rotors in tomorrow for a light touch up and its back together tomorrow afternoon. No broken knuckles or anything.

I need to ask if anyone's listening..should I put that brake grease on or not?

Lot's going on and not a lot at the same time with me. The car is running like a charm at ~110K miles. The Forester is also running wonderfully. I have over $500 suby-dollars in my 'bank' in case something requires the dealer's touch.

I'll say it again..Tri-State Subaru has been very nice to us.

It's comforting to see so many new and old names here. I really SHOULD spend more time here now that I've finally got DSL at home.

For those who remember her..I was treated out to lunch the other day with Kathy (she sold her SVX a few years ago to a collector in CA). She actually cried when I let her drive her 'old' car. She's doing good with a new job at a new company.

I'm very jealous of that absolutely mint '97 LSi in the reflections thread. I am 'forced' to drive mine 80 miles every weekday and the finish shows it.

Last weekend I was able to nearly redo our first annual New England meet up to Vermont. I needed to get away so I took off Friday night and drove up to my friends place just south of Burlington. Last time I was there was nearly 4 years ago at the meet. Brings back memories. I drove right by Mt. Pilo and all that.

I took Rt. 7 to 125 through the Green Mts to 100 south to 91 and back home. Gave the car quite a work out. It was a great mind clearing trip with no mishaps.

Wrapped up today with a red sighting on Rt. at the Johnny Appleseed rest stop. I nearly turned around to say hi but I was running late. Sorry if your out there.

Roll on dudes.......

Jeff