SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-18-2021, 08:11 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Rear Window Dam

Has anybody tried to renew the rubber moulding around the rear window or the front windscreen?

The rear one on my car has gone wavy in one area and is deteriorating elsewhere. The front is also showing signs of sun damage.

The rear dam (65046GA240) has been discontinued by Subaru. So has the front (65021PA000).

A while back I saw an episode on Hemming's Garage which had a US company that made window rubbers for classic cars but I can't recall the name. I thought it may be worth contacting them if I can figure out who they are.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX
Re: Rear Window Dam

The company I was thinking of is Steel Rubber Products.
Their reply was "We do not make anything for Subaru nor can we do customs for that vehicle I apologize"
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:49 PM

Keep looking around, you might find some, old-new stock is always bubbling up.

I see oemsubarupart.com seems to have 65001PA350 which includes the rear glass (blue tinted I think) and glass dam. Although it's a bit pricey to buy the glass to get the dam, it's probably not that much more than getting something like that custom made one off (and you might be able to sell the glass and recover some money).

Also, according to parts.subaru.com part 65046GA240 replaced parts 65021PA010 and 65046GA230. Seems 65046GA230 was from the Subaru Loyale wagon. A quick search around and I found:
https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...5046ga230.html
for $21.24, although it claims to be for the front it is listed under the rear part number.

If it is compatible with some Subaru Loyale years, it might increase the chances of getting a n after market company to make some.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:58 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Checked out the link. No longer available according to their customer service.

Their prices on other parts are good.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:26 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Has anybody tried to renew the rubber moulding around the rear window or the front windscreen?

The rear one on my car has gone wavy in one area and is deteriorating elsewhere. The front is also showing signs of sun damage.

The rear dam (65046GA240) has been discontinued by Subaru. So has the front (65021PA000).

A while back I saw an episode on Hemming's Garage which had a US company that made window rubbers for classic cars but I can't recall the name. I thought it may be worth contacting them if I can figure out who they are.
Had to wash my car last week for the first time in months (it is normally garaged or not driven in rain) and am seeing the wavyiness on front and back top seals for the first time. I have a car cover over it now, so I am not certain if this subsided or not. I would be curious as well to see if someone out there can reproduce these parts.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 02-20-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Checked out the link. No longer available according to their customer service.
Hmmm, I just ordered one to see if it's in stock, came out to around $31 with shipping, and for are potentially hard to get part I don't mind spending that much, even if I don't need it yet. Still not 100% it's really the rear window dam. The order seems to have gone threw, I'll see if they cancel it or ship it (or ship something else completely different instead).

Cheers,
Ian.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by irox View Post
Hmmm, I just ordered one to see if it's in stock
Cheers,
Ian.
I filled in their request for availability form with all the parts I was looking at for the timing belt. All but three were available, which are discontinued.

The window dam

62610110 The power steering O-ring.

34413PA001 Power steering idler pulley
Old 02-20-2021, 05:26 PM

I just clicked "add to cart" and then checked out. I'll let you know what they send me, if they don't cancel the order first.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:14 AM

They cancelled my order, part is no longer available.

I wonder if the other Subaru Loyale rear window Dams might work, there seems to be another option which is a multi-part/section thing.

Good luck!
Ian.