Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Evoscan

Hi fellows, and I wonder if anyone knows what goes on with the EVOSCAN products. About ten years I purchased a cable and software from them in order to scan the data available in my EG33-Westy. The software I bought was on a Windows laptop, which is now dead and gone. Today I went to the site looking for the software to put on a MAC laptop, and the situation appears to be inactive at the website. I cannot tell if they have a program which works with mac computer, or for that matter whether they are still in business.

Just wonder if anyone has knowledge about EVOSCAN, or perhaps knows of another source for reading the SVX/EG33 engine data.

Regards

Last edited by JWPATE; 05-03-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: Evoscan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWPATE View Post
Hi fellows, and I wonder if anyone knows what goes on with the EVOSCAN products. About ten years I purchased a cable and software from them in order to scan the data available in my EG33-Westy. The software I bought was on a Windows laptop, which is now dead and gone. Today I went to the site looking for the software to put on a MAC laptop, and the situation appears to be inactive at the website. I cannot tell if they have a program which works with mac computer, or for that matter whether they are still in business.

Just wonder if anyone has knowledge about EVOSCAN, or perhaps knows of another source for reading the SVX/EG33 engine data.

Regards
If you still had the laptop I might be able to recover the program and data and you could install on another Win machine. Just need the Hard Drive.

If you downloaded the program it's much easier, but depends on the viability of the drive.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 05-03-2020, 11:57 AM

I've been looking at building my own based on this work:
http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/sma.html

The site is a wealth of ECU info, you might be able to find some alternative software on this page: http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/software.html

Good luck!
Ian.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Well, that is certainly kind of you ShiuludeSVX, to offer transferring the program, but no, the old computer is long gone........

I would not object much to paying the EVOSCAN team again, for another download of their program if it would work ok on a MAC laptop. I cannot see anything on their website though to encourage that attempt. All they have listed are the Window versions. Don't really use the program often enough to justify going out and purchasing a Windows Laptop just for that application.

Last edited by JWPATE; 05-03-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWPATE View Post
a Windows Laptop just for that application.
You can often find old laptops for next to nothing at thrift shops.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.