Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
WTB Bronze SVX Windshield

Yeah, I know.. better to just buy another SVX..

Came home to find that someone hit my SVX windshield.. like 5 times. It was parked in front of my house because I've had a few things delivered and someone decided they didn't like my car. Looks like a hammer or something was used because there aren't any rocks/objects laying around.

It sound ridiculous but I can't stop tearing up. I just love my car.

So, I'm seeking a bronze windshield for my 1993 SVX.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: WTB Bronze SVX Windshield

What the **** is wrong with people!
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM

I have one, - but is still in a car and has to be cut out very carefully due to saving of the trim, - and I,m still on hollyday till 20 of June;
Dan sr; partstogo@gmail.com
Old 06-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Yeah, I know.. better to just buy another SVX..

Came home to find that someone hit my SVX windshield.. like 5 times. It was parked in front of my house because I've had a few things delivered and someone decided they didn't like my car. Looks like a hammer or something was used because there aren't any rocks/objects laying around.

It sound ridiculous but I can't stop tearing up. I just love my car.

So, I'm seeking a bronze windshield for my 1993 SVX.
Is this the reason for the phone call the other night I assume?

That really sucks to hear.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat

Thanks Dan! Seeing as you are in Canada, I'll try to find a US solution first but if I can't, I'll probably be bugging you. When Nate and I talked, we were both worried about shipping a windshield. Not sure what's the safest way to insure it doesn't break.

Also as I suspected, there are only 24 green windshields available throughout Subaru's warehouses. I don't recall if that was US only or world wide but I'd imagine world wide.

Calling windshield replacements it sounds like they use oem so still only green, their computers dont even show blue/bronze existed.

Odepaj(Dustin), here in San Antonio, has a bronze windshield on his 92 so if I can find blue one, he said I can have his bronze one. So there is hope.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior

Last edited by cozykat; 06-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Thanks Dan! Seeing as you are in Canada, I'll try to find a US solution first but if I can't, I'll probably be bugging you. When Nate and I talked, we were both worried about shipping a windshield. Not sure what's the safest way to insure it doesn't break.

Also as I suspected, there are only 24 green windshields available throughout Subaru's warehouses. I don't recall if that was US only or world wide but I'd imagine world wide.

Calling windshield replacements it sounds like they use oem so still only green, their computers dont even show blue/bronze existed.

Odepaj(Dustin), here in San Antonio, has a bronze windshield on his 92 so if I can find blue one, he said I can have his bronze one. So there is hope.
I texted you but didn't hear back.

I didn't even know there was green tint glass but if that's easiest to find it'll work, I'm not picky about goes back on the pearly

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 PM

My new phone is the worst yet!

Here are pics of where my car was (this was a while back, moved it for something else but was taking a pic of the glass headlights installed) and then the next is what they did to my windshield:

Maybe they didn't like that I haven't renewed my registration yet or that my inspection was still current.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Designing a custom foam pad and a strap it inside a pallet. Use wax paper around the glass to keep the foam from reacting to the glass and sticking to it. At least that is how mine windshield I had direct shipped came from pilkington.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Nice wheels They look a bit familiar.

That really sucks. I hope it works out ok. If that happened to one of mine I'd be pissed.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 AM
There's a storm coming.

WTF!
Don't you live in a nice neighborhood?!
Do any of your neighbors have survailance equipment?
Id look at the front doors across the street, under the roof eves for a camera that might have cought the b@st@rd!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

These guys have Chinese windshields for the SVX in bronze I believe.

http://www.prosourceglassintl.com/index.html

They even make glass for vehicles. They could be a source for SVX glass in the future when all supplies run out. This is from their website...

One of our specialties includes having glass manufactured for certain cars and trucks that is otherwise unobtainable by using an existing window in the car as a sample. We spec it, make sure it is correct and have it test fitted before having quantities produced. By being an independent supplier we are able to source the glass products from several vendors including overseas factories. This gives the customer several options. We work closely with automotive groups and clubs that look for us to have glass produced economically in order to keep their cars on the road.

Last edited by Blacky; 06-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Registered SVX

Marisa, those photos are sickening. I hope you find those punks who did it. I would have loved to have caught them in the act, and lets just say they would have more than a broken windshield to worry about Good Luck finding a bronze windshield. Your car looks great!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
These guys have Chinese windshields for the SVX in bronze I believe.

http://www.prosourceglassintl.com/index.html

They even make glass for vehicles. They could be a source for SVX glass in the future when all supplies run out. This is from their website...

One of our specialties includes having glass manufactured for certain cars and trucks that is otherwise unobtainable by using an existing window in the car as a sample. We spec it, make sure it is correct and have it test fitted before having quantities produced. By being an independent supplier we are able to source the glass products from several vendors including overseas factories. This gives the customer several options. We work closely with automotive groups and clubs that look for us to have glass produced economically in order to keep their cars on the road.
The quality of these windshields isn't the greatest. I have seen a few in person. Also, they don't include the all important molding which can't be purchased from Subaru. 20 years in the TX sun really dries out rubber seals.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
The quality of these windshields isn't the greatest. I have seen a few in person. Also, they don't include the all important molding which can't be purchased from Subaru. 20 years in the TX sun really dries out rubber seals.

I've said it quite a few times before. Now is the time to begin to reproduce these invaluable parts. Clauss Studios, Kip Motors and various others would be more than happy to make a batch.

Then again, you can just throw away the cars when you can't get factory parts too.. Might be the way to go since another thread members are putting values on the car that a good deal less than junkyard prices.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I've said it quite a few times before. Now is the time to begin to reproduce these invaluable parts. Clauss Studios, Kip Motors and various others would be more than happy to make a batch.

Then again, you can just throw away the cars when you can't get factory parts too.. Might be the way to go since another thread members are putting values on the car that a good deal less than junkyard prices.
That is good advice. A bit negative there (fairly), but you bring up a good point. Whenever Nate gets down here I'll see if there's something I can do to help out with that kind of stuff.

Maybe we should compile a list of parts that will go out of stock sooner or later and make a plan for each.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album