Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 12-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: how bad are some of those leading our country ?

I was not being sarcastic about Hoover. If you look at what Hoover had done to stimulate the economy and create jobs by funding federal and state projects, it is a mirror image to what Obama is trying to do today. The democratic party that leads this country today has likely been taking notes from it. I do not understand why they think such foolish actions would be any better today than they were then. Example, GM is getting more money from the federal government for a bail-out. WHY???? It is an open market and as far as I am concerned they should be allowed to go out of business. Products and technology change and with that change a company must keep up. Consumers change based on the market and visa versa. With all of this going on GM should be doing a better job catering to the market than government politics to stay afloat. What you are hailing as a Democracy is the result of the majority of under educated people who felt there was something to gain from a democratic government. unfortunately, it comes down to this. They are failing, horribly, and they are continuing to dig this country deeper and deeper until they hit the bedrock. At which point they will likely break out the jack-hammer and continue on. The democrats NEED to be thrown out of office and real leadership be instituted. Am I a man for the job? No. Was McCain?? possibly. Problem is, an election is always the result of a lesser of two evils vote. In this case a judgement of evil was in the form of monies not handed out by the gov't.

He can turn it around, other demo's can realize their mistakes before it is too late. although I believe it already is. But if no one has anything to say about it, they will continue destroying this country
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Ordinary people throughout the rest of the world were thrilled that with the election of Obama, democracy had been so absolutely demonstrated in an historic and tangible way. You should be increasing still further your status in the eyes of the world, by utilising the advantage of having such a significant personage as a front man.

As we on the outside understand it, you do not have any form of a dictatorship. Surely there are no grounds whereby the president should be made a solitary scapegoat. Or does he alone run the USA ?
Thank you for see that last part. BUT as my big problem was after he won... and durring the voting and running, the president doesn't REALLY have the power to do anything but say yah or nah on what is already put together and say "I want this or that". There is no way that a President as solely the President can do ****. He cabinet will do a lot but they have to as well be the a proper possition for anything. He's just a big sweet talker with promises. I mean they all are but for him to actually THINK he could change it is just ignorance...
Once his term is over I'm certain no one will reelect him. I don't really care Dem or Rep it's a matter of experience. McCain has been around long enough to have contacts and to as was stated know what did and didn't work int he past and to use the strings he's laid putting in his years in service of the country. I"m not saying he wouldn't have had his own screw ups. I'd rather someone driving the big bus with a bad gear and a few parts that need maintance that's been around the block a few decades than a fresh kid that just got his learner's permit.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

"In my own life in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said. "See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, "...
Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.

Just think, Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary from her husband's salary.

Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:

Mamie Eisenhower: One-- paid for personally out of President's salary.
Jackie Kennedy: One
Roseline Carter: One
Barbara Bush: One
Hilary Clinton: Three
Laura Bush: One
Michele Obama: Twenty-two

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers,prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Ms Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:

Michele Obama's personal staff:

One.. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
Two.. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
Three.. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
Four.. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President
and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
Five.. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Six.. $90,000 Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Seven.. $84,000 - Lilyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
Eight.. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
Nine.. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Project for the First Lady)
Ten.. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
Eleven.. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B.(Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
Twelve.. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
Thirteen.. $60,000 Fitz, Alan O.(Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director
for the First Lady)
Fourteen.. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
Fifteen... $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
Sixteen.. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
Seventeen.. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
Eighteen.. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
Nineteen.. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Twenty.. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
Twenty-One... $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
Twenty-Two.. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(total $1,591,200 in annual salaries)

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life.

One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .
Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com
canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press had to publish this, perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is too scared that they might be considered racist or suffer at the hands of Obama.

Sorry America !

Don't forget to look at the picture of a receipt for an afternoon snack for Michelle!!

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MObama.jpg (108.4 KB, 777 views)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM

The facts:

http://m.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/

And regarding that "receipt:"

http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/dec/02/chain-email/official-looking-receipt-is-a-fake/

Last edited by dcarrb; 02-09-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

"creating jobs" is taken literally on capital hill... Too bad who is paying for them is not...

and just for a little light hearted humor... Why are there no cooking utensils on her reciept?? Why wasn't she in the kitchen?

Tom
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

http://m.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/

yes, she has that many, but so did most.

BUT I don't understand why the tax payers have to pay for any of them. They are not elected and they have no official roll.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 06-07-2010, 03:23 AM

The ideal president was Grover Cleveland. He refused to mess with the economy and foreign affairs that did not threaten the United States. There was no national debt when he was president, nor were there high taxes, and we were witnessing an industrial revolution consequently.

As for the New Zealander on this board stating that we should be embracing Obama because other countries supposedly view him as a great catalyst for "change", do we not have to analyze his ideas of change first? Or is it just because he is black and wants to make everything free that we should glorify and respect him?
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 AM

Anybody watch the John Adams series that was on cable (HBO I think) I watched it from Netflix. Good mini series supposed to be alot of historical research and authenticity in it. Almost, gives the impression that things haven't changed a whole lot since the country was founded. Everyone looking for their piece of the pie. I really dislike where I see this administration taking things. I really really dislike the way race is or has become more of an issue. I dislike affirmative action and some of their (the administration) attempts at new equal opportunity mandates (encourages reverse racism). When promotions and hiring is no longer about who is best for the job then you might as well be on a sinking ship. A black man as president? Great I have no problem with that idea, prefer someone more like Gen. Colin Powell over a Chicago lawyer. I think H. Reid and the plastic faced N. Pelosi are despicable people in general. I can't stand how everything shady is being done under the guise of "in the best interests of the people" while disregarding and even ridicule the people. It's a shame really. Plus there really aren't too many great options coming up for 2012.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:10 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc View Post
--------

As for the New Zealander on this board stating that we should be embracing Obama because other countries supposedly view him as a great catalyst for "change", do we not have to analyze his ideas of change first? Or is it just because he is black and wants to make everything free that we should glorify and respect him?
In no way did I state or imply, “other countries supposedly view him (Obama), as a great catalyst for 'change' ". Accuracy is called for and questioning sarcasm should be avoided.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I'm just going to throw Ron Paul out there and see who takes the bait.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Nevermind lol, article was faked.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 07-26-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

If you don't like Obama, why aren't you running for office?

Like the red-necks in Southpark famiously said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0OqHr3wHQ

Last edited by SoobCrazy; 07-26-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Don't want to offend the ignorant and under-informed
Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM

Registered SVX

Wow, how did I miss your Paul bait NikFu, I am a Ron Paul supporter.
Ron Paul is one of the few people in our government that actually understands what the role of the federal government is as defined by the constitution, and votes accordingly.

I think his ideas on foreign affairs and economic policy are the correct ones to fix the mess that we have gotten ourselves into.

Everyone please watch this 3min video from my youtube channel:

Our country is in trouble, and it will be a painful time for a country to repair this mess. It will take its toll on every American in form or rising consumer prices, and falling wages, but we must endure the treatment, because if we keep fallowing the same course we are on, the crash that will come when the world realizes that our money is backed my nothing, and that we will never be able to repay what we owe, will be even more painful.

People do not realize that our entire economy is a bubble. A bubble based on a currency backed by nothing other faith in the us government to make good on its debt. How long do you think other countries are going to continue to buy our debt?
I mean that is what they are doing when they buy treasuries. They buy them now to hold them and make a profit later. Well if our inflation is out of control, with the federal reserve just throwing money at any problem by the billions, those treasuries will be worth less or worthless when time comes to trade them back. Would you keep buying them?
If China stops buying our debt, then the federal reserve will have to print more money out of thin air to make up the difference to pay for our government spending, thus devaluing our currency. If this cycle continues, other nations may no longer accept dollars for commodities and our entire economy will collapse.
We cannot barrow and bomb our way out of debt. We need real change.

Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Ron Paul.

Here is my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LibertyRevolution
Let it not be said that I did nothing, I try to educate others.

BTW, I am a CT resident and Peter Schiff supporter also. Go PETER!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

A must listen for everyone particularly you liberals.

http://www.infowars.com/steve-wynn-takes-on-washington/

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

And the point of that was? Seems like he has a hard-on for Chinese $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
A must listen for everyone particularly you liberals.

http://www.infowars.com/steve-wynn-takes-on-washington/

Lee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: