Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Found a lost SVX

Svx Seats

I am going to rip out the seats on my SVX. I am taking offers for all. The rear is is mint condition, while the driver seat is bad, and the passenger seat is not bad. I will post pictures during the next week.

Also the fabric covering in the trunk is up for grabs.

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Found a lost SVX

Re: Svx Seats

Well then I suppose the future of these seats is a couch for my new apartment.

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

you might consider posting the pictures to show their condition before expecting a nibble on seats which you only describe as bad and not bad. I mean, what color? model? any rips/tears/stains?

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 PM

I'd be interested in the driver side seat adjustment switch (the one that makes the seat slide forward/backward).
Old 06-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Is the back seat a split fold, or single fold? Grey Leather?

I have a question in general...

On the front seat backs, there are levers to tilt the seats forward... are the levers supposed to be on the left (toward driver's) side of BOTH the driver and passenger seat backs? If so, why does the passenger's seat back not have the lever on the passenger door's side?

I could use at least one good seat bottom and back in grey leather, and a good rear seat back...

But I just bought the thing, so I am not sure if the better half will let me spend more money. But she likes the car, and really the only things wrong with it are the upholstery and the paint, both having been out in the sun too long.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post

On the front seat backs, there are levers to tilt the seats forward... are the levers supposed to be on the left (toward driver's) side of BOTH the driver and passenger seat backs? If so, why does the passenger's seat back not have the lever on the passenger door's side?

I could use at least one good seat bottom and back in grey leather, and a good rear seat back...

But I just bought the thing, so I am not sure if the better half will let me spend more money. But she likes the car, and really the only things wrong with it are the upholstery and the paint, both having been out in the sun too long.
The passenger seat has a lever both for the driver as well as for passengers getting in. The one towards the passenger door is right along the lower part of the seat-don't know how better to describe it than it is in a similar spot on the passenger seat as the adjustments(pwr or man) are on the driver seat.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post

That's a very nice car you got, and I'm delighted you rescued it.

Thinking about your upholstery splitting due to sun, it occurred to me that possibly you should look for a car that has been crashed or is breaking. You don't need to buy complete seats, you just need to buy the leather skins.

This will make it way cheaper on you for shipping. Of course the remainder of the seats will not be very sale-able. You may have to purchase the seats complete, then get the seller to strip the skins and ship them to you.

All We'll Drive may even have seats. I seem to remember seeing a rear seat in one of their pictures of the shop. Contact them and ask.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: