How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Great idea, I have wanted a SVX hat for years!

Yeah I know, there have been some available, but I can't do cheap "one size fits all" type hats. My head is too big and they look weird on me.

I'm not big into hats, but I do like to throw one on if I'm leaving the house before having a shower, on a Saturday, etc. I have my trusty old fitted MLB Tigers cap that fits like a glove and has held up through lots of abuse and still looks good. This is the type of hat I've been longing for with a SVX logo. Sorry World Network.

From what I've been told about Lidds and from the examples shown, it looks like they fit the bill. Unfortunately there is all the set up costs. So in the interest of getting costs down probably a good idea to get more folks in on it.

I don't see this as a money making venture for anyone, even if the set up is waived they are still spendy. Wouldn't be cool to tack on any extra costs to try to make some profit. And I don't think the Network needs a cut either, especially if Johnny or whoever else works with this doesn't make money. Every time someone sells a part on here they don't need to give a cut to the site. With the new icons and levels of membership, benefits, etc, each person should decide on their own how valuable this site is to them and donate accordingly as a straight donation. If they have made a ton of money through ventures or parts selling, that they otherwise may not be able to do, they should definitely consider this in good conscience. But we definitely don't need to get heavy-handed with people every time the mere mention of a group buy or project starts. Johnny never even mentioned he might be making money off of this until someone else brought up about giving a cut to the network.

I love the Network and have donated heavily. But we need to lay off on the shakedowns. If things are that bad for money, then GET GOING on setting up the membership levels with benefits, stores, whatever else and get it established.

And Johnny, you are a bit quick tempered. You have some good ideas, but you gotta realize things work slow here and there are a lot of people resistent to change. You've got to play along nice and do a little give and take.

Everyone take a step back and settle down.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
updates

ok, thanks troy for that I appreciate your comments and I realize some of the posts were a bit short tempered and I apologize it's been a hectic time for me with my engine blowing and starting a new semester and trying to work on this as well as a few other projects I have in the mix. I'm not trying to make any profit off these if I do it'll be like a dollar or so per hat cause lids might hook me up for doing a big amount but that discount I would use in turn to try and lower the digitizing cost so I can get everyone the hats straight out at as cheap of a price as I can. I've been dealing with lids and talked with them and they are willing to do the different thread colors for the same images no extra cost so I can offer you the images we choose to go in on to digitize in white or black I don't wanna really push my limits with them because they are trying to work with me and help me out. I will, although, offer the hats in different types of hats and the prices may vary accordingly but for the most part they are all similar prices to the flexfit hats, beanies I believe are a bit cheaper. Regardless, I'm doing what I can to get the most options at the best price. So far the one's I'm looking at most are the Subaru stars n svx front and alcyone front. Boxer six is 3 priority and for all the option of the alcyone symbol on the back for 9 bucks over the reg price (not my price, it's lids) so I'm currently working on a website that will display all the options in a clean format that you will be able to see the different hats in different colors with both white and black symbols. I will also try and program a form that will help me organize the people who want what for the initial buy in. after the images are payed for for the original digitizing I can forever order hats of any color shape or size with these logos without paying for digitizing again. SOOO the more we can get on the initial the better deal we can get. I'll update with a link when it's all done. Thanks for your support!
Johnybeas
Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I am not sure, but maybe it got moved when Chris was working on the main page.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
One long run-on paragraph

I think I read somewhere in that post that you would set it up so we can see the examples and how much they cost. Might be a good idea because I'm lost.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Almost finished

Will post link soon. lol
Old 01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
Site up lemme know what you think

to see what I've done and the varieties check

http://alcyoneclothing.drivenbuyautosales.com

I posted the designs that were most commonly wanted and seemed to be most widely accepted by everyone so If you are interested in this first order please post the following:

1. First choice Design and W or B
2. Second Choice Design and W or B
3. Size hat (s/m or l/x)
4. Color Desired (they have all sorts of diff colors but the more we get of the same color the bigger discount we can get)
5. Number of hats desired, if you want more than one in different designs then post that here as well.

Thanks guys! hope we get lots of people that are still interested!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:39 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
When you click on T-Shirt, it still shows the hats
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 01-18-2008, 05:03 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
When you click on T-Shirt, it still shows the hats

Did the same for me, you have to click it a few times before it "goes"
Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
retarded I'll fix it tonight... but thoughts on hats guys??
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
fixed

shirts link is fixed I don't know why it didn't change when I changed it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:57 PM
OOC for a while

I like the "SVX" with Subaru stars on front, with the Alcyone on back.

Black hat, white letters/logos.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
id like to see the jdm hood emblum on a hat instead ofthe suba stars
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
OOC for a while

After seeing all of them, I'd really like to get just "SVX" on the front, and the Alcyone logo on the back.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
Cool you guys are killin me!!!

alright guys I will, by tomorrow, have updated the site with the boxer 6 in diff colors and the SVX only hats in diff colors. After that.... we're done makin suggestions and we're voting.... after I update tomorrow please submit your choices in the format I posted before. Thanks!
Johnybeas
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 PM
OOC for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
alright guys I will, by tomorrow, have updated the site with the boxer 6 in diff colors and the SVX only hats in diff colors. After that.... we're done makin suggestions and we're voting.... after I update tomorrow please submit your choices in the format I posted before. Thanks!
Johnybeas

My bad about being picky

I just said my thoughts on what I like better. I'd still buy one of the heats that's on there already though.