How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 10:24 PM
bthomas

i am 19. The power light is I believe under the tach?? It comes on and says "POWER" generally under hard acceleration and pressing down the accelerato quickly. What does it do? It light up.. Sike... I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what it does. You might not have seen it because the bulb or LED, not sure which it is, could be burned out. I dunno though.

Oh bye the way, Is a early 90's SHO a 5.0 engine??
Old 10-23-2003, 10:33 PM
ChrisR

Weird that I have never seen it. Mine must be burnt out or something. Oh well.

1989-1992 Taurus SHO's are 3.0 Yamaha DOHC engines (93-95 are also 3.0, and the addition of a 3.2L in the automatic cars only). Check out www.shotimes.com for a bunch of Taurus SHO info.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:35 PM
bthomas

I knew someone who had a plain old 92 Taurus. I drove it and was actually suprised about it. I wasnt to in to the looks but it drove pretty nicely. Suprised me. Im checking out that website now. Peace
Old 10-23-2003, 10:37 PM
bthomas

3.4l V-8, thats a small V8.. interesting...very interesting
Old 10-23-2003, 10:45 PM
ChrisR

Yeah, both engines are quite interesting. I agree that a 3.4L is quite small for an 8 cyl. Odd to me also. But I love them. I have onwed 2 of them, a 1989, and currently a `91. Here's my 91: http://www.superford.org/registry/index.php?vID=1008
Old 10-24-2003, 01:49 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
ive raced an old sho and its almost a match for a stock svx.

the power light appears when the throttle is pressed very quickly to the floor. what ive read it does is use i different gear set (or something), maybe to transfer power to the wheels more efficiently?

on a side note, the resistor ("ebay" chip) ive installed lets me stay in power mode until i shift to neutral. this is by no means a good thing, and my point is that power mode overall isnt that great. it just didnt transfer that well from the xt6 in my opinion.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:17 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.

the power light appears when the throttle is pressed very quickly to the floor. what ive read it does is use i different gear set (or something), maybe to transfer power to the wheels more efficiently?

on a side note, the resistor ("ebay" chip) ive installed lets me stay in power mode until i shift to neutral. this is by no means a good thing, and my point is that power mode overall isnt that great. it just didnt transfer that well from the xt6 in my opinion.
It jut merely changes the shift patterns of he transmission(allowing it to shift all the way at redline, or 6750 for some depending on the TCU)
phil
Old 10-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.

So you thought there was an extra set of gears made specifically for power mode?

No comment.

- Rob
Old 10-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

So you thought there was an extra set of gears made specifically for power mode?

No comment.

- Rob
He "thought" (meaning not claiming to know 100%) and hopefully now he has seen Phil's explanation and learned from it. That's how people learn things in a constructive way and now there will be one less piece of misinformation floating around.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Closed Thread