SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2003, 03:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
It all depends on the state you are in. I am not sure about WI but in IL, there is no point system. We do have 3 tickets (convictions) and you are out system.

This is what happens: First ticket, ask for court supervision. Second ticket, take a traffic class, third ticket, take a longer traffic class. 4th ticket (counts as one conviction) 5th ticket (second conviction) and 6th ticket (they'll suspend your licence). But all of that had to happen in a year.

You have to be a complete idiot get 6 tickets in a year
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Every traffic judge I've seen has been a rather crusty looking old man. And I've been dressed up every time. And I've tried pleading not guilty, and guilty before. Pleading not guilty worked out better than pleading guilty. I tried pleading guilty, and the judge didn't care. Everything stayed the same. I tried the financial woe status, I tried the insurance status, I tried bringing up the fact I was an honor student, I tried all of that. It doesn't work. The only way I can see that working is if you are a girl and have big ass crocodile tears.

- Rob
Old 10-03-2003, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Every traffic judge I've seen has been a rather crusty looking old man. And I've been dressed up every time. And I've tried pleading not guilty, and guilty before. Pleading not guilty worked out better than pleading guilty. I tried pleading guilty, and the judge didn't care. Everything stayed the same. I tried the financial woe status, I tried the insurance status, I tried bringing up the fact I was an honor student, I tried all of that. It doesn't work. The only way I can see that working is if you are a girl and have big ass crocodile tears.

- Rob
or someone who knows how to deal with ppl
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

or someone who knows how to deal with ppl

BINGO
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:24 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: doh

OUCH! Poor, poor Rob.

First the radar cops, then the crusty judge, and now Kelli telling you that you're a ... well, nevermind.

Move to a state where having a 'dick' can be beneficial.

<stands up in court...and says to the judge, I HAVE A DICK!>

You should move to Georgia for the following reasons Rob:

1. Every traffic and city code ordinance judge I've seen is a woman (at least in Dekalb County).

**The female judges' age range between late 30's to late 40's. The past few times I had to go to court, I've gotten off easily with warnings.

2. Female traffic cops.

**The last time I was pulled over for speeding (which I haven't for the past 5 years) I was in my lovely green svx. I was very polite to the female officer and very willing to cooperate. I looked her in the eyes and apologized for speeding if I was. She stood there for a second, then told me that she would just give me a warning. Afterwards she flipped on her light and pulled out to let me re-enter the highway. I exited the next light and to my surprise she was in the next lane. She waved, I waved.

I'm telling you man, having a 'dick' in Georgia counts!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

i don't know how this works in other states, but in NJ, if you have points on your liscence, that makes your insurance go up. so the judge marking down points saves a lot of money for the person who got the ticket. and maybe they didn't give you a break...but they would someone else

i am going to be a nurse, i am going to take my NCLEX in July of 2005, thanks very much. i am also going to have an associate degree in Criminal Justice, but my education means nothing here, this is more of a common sense issue.

sure you may have walked the walk more then me, and that explains why my record is clean and yours is not.

Kelli
hmm...nursing and criminal justice......so Kelli, you are going to nurse 'bad' people to health? ok, i'm a bad, bad peson and needs some nursing ..what's your number? i'm the perfect case study!

harry the uhh...the warning on pillows thief. :P
Old 10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Thanks for the advice

After talking to some people I'm going to attempt to talk to the prosecutor before my case is up. Unfortunately I have been having a hard time trying to find out a name or anything. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Rob, I know I have 8 pts left, but unfortunately those 8 pts would kill my insurance. Between school, insurance, repairs, gas, etc I'm only able to save up about $50 a week.

P.S. Atleast its not just me, on my way to school tonight cops nabbed 3 separate people in the town where I got pulled over. I however was making sure I did exactly the limit.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 10-05-2003, 09:02 PM
samerooo22

Think of it this way.....Im 18 and have 34 tickets....yep 34....11 of them speeding....and i still got my license after it was suspended 3 times.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Superbeast

So.....you've paid alot of city workers? With a revinue machine like you running around why would they want to take away your license?

Old 10-06-2003, 08:44 PM
No longer blue member

Only other ticket

was when I was parked in a 2hr spot for 2hrs 10 minutes (literally), I saw the cop pulling away after leaving the ticket. Ironically I was parked in front of the municipal building because I was visiting the court house for my crime & justice class

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 10-07-2003, 10:14 AM
No longer blue member

One more question

I found a website about how to beat a ticket (www.jesbeard.com) and they say to ask for a record of the officer's training. On the ticket I can't read the signature under the complaining witness and the cop didn't fill out the equipment operator's name or id no. What does this mean and how can I find out his name?

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 10-09-2003, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by samerooo22
Think of it this way.....Im 18 and have 34 tickets....yep 34....11 of them speeding....and i still got my license after it was suspended 3 times.
HOLY BEJESUS!!!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 10-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Certified Porschephile

I know I haven't been in here in a while but I found this thread quite entertaining. As an officer for over 7 years I have one hard and fast rule for tickets. If you piss me off, you're gonna get paper. So, here's how to avoid that. Now this doesn't work with everyone. There are cops who get off on the power. Just like there are a**hole doctors, lawyers, plumbers, etc. First pull over right away. I get annoyed the longer it takes you. The part about looking for a place to pull in doesn't fly. In most cases the officer decided on the spot when he attempted the stop. I pick the spot, not you. Second, be ready when I get up there. Meaning have the window down (even in the rain!) and the interior light on if applicable. Do NOT be rooting through the glove box, or under the seat. This is BAD!!! If you need to look for your license, tell me and I'll watch you look. Be polite. Seems easy enough, but there are alot of people who might be productive members of society, then become #1 a**holes when they get thier WELL DESERVED ticket. It doesn't help. I'm not going to get yelled at, then go OK here's a warning. As for the well deserved part, I know VERY FEW officers who would stop a car unless it was BLATANT!!! 10 over is a good rule of thumb. No more. In most cases if it was only minor I wouldn't waste my time. A sore point for me??? Red lights, illegal turns, and illegal equipment. Like clear tails and those stupid windshield washer lights. Being nice does pay off. I have downgraded many citations at the hearing to someone who was polite and asked me to help them out. It all comes down to being human. However, if I saw you do 5 dumb things, and you get ONLY 2 tickets, don't *****. Hope that helps everyone. It might not if you get one of the small town have nothing to do guys or the idiot powerbrokers. Act like you would want to be if you were on the other side. Remember, you are wrong already, being nasty doesn't help your cause. On a sad side note, my SVX has moved on. I hope whoever gets her next takes VERY good care of her. I loved that car ALOT. Bye Good luck all. I'll stop in from time to time.

Dan
Old 10-11-2003, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
dang it you people ginsed me. I got a ticket today. He clocked me doing 73 in a 45. Dropped it down to 64 in a 45. 98 dollar fine. I should have know it was going to happen. I got pulled over earlier this week. I pulled out of work and got pulled over right away. Got off with a warning. The speed limits wierd by my work. If you turn left (I normally do) its 50mph if you turn right it's 25 (which is what I did this time). So needless to say I was doing 50 in a 25. I was still in uniform so the officer gave me a warning.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Superbeast

Ha, Ha, A**hole docters.

How is it that you get a $98 fine for doing 73 in a 45 and my first ticket was $525 for doing 75 in a 30? The math just dosn't pan out on that.