Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Is it Summer yet?

OT: Wales Rally GB

Any Rally/WRC enthusiasts out there?
This year I've decided to revisit the Wales Rally GB (RAC Rally sounds so much better) after a four year absence. The last time I did it, it was in Cheltenham and had no advance ticket purchase.
I've heard so much about the so called fiasco with tickets and crowds last year that I'm a little bit concerned. But being 4,000 miles away, it's difficult to get a good feel for how it was or how it might be this year.
So I was wondering if anybody has experience of what happened last year and what the improvements, if any will be this year.
The tickets go on sale in mid August and I hear that they are not mailed out till two weeks before the event, which is another problem since I can't rely on the mail to the US being that quick. It'll be cutting it close.
Any way, any and all input would be appreciated.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 07-30-2003, 11:04 AM
P2SVX

Colin

Sounds like you have quite a trip planned.

Provided the tickets are posted out 2 weeks before hand you should be fine. I spent a year in WI (Menomonie) not too long back and found most mail from over here got to me within 4-5 days.

That assumes that they are happy to post them out to the US...
Old 07-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Phil & Belha

Hi

Hi Colin,

I was a marshal a few years ago when they had a super-special at Silverstone, but that was before all the ticketing and overcrowding problems.

As you no doubt remember from your last trip, we live near Heathrow Airport. If you are worried about the tickets getting lost in the mail then you can always get them sent here and collect them when you land.

Regards to Irene.

Phil & Belha
Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha
Hi Colin,

I was a marshal a few years ago when they had a super-special at Silverstone, but that was before all the ticketing and overcrowding problems.

As you no doubt remember from your last trip, we live near Heathrow Airport. If you are worried about the tickets getting lost in the mail then you can always get them sent here and collect them when you land.

Regards to Irene.

Phil & Belha
I was at Silverstone that year - I think '98 or '99. I remember it was cold enough to freeze the balls on a brass monkey. But thats the UK in November.
Thanks for the offer to be my P.O. Box. The only glitch would be that I fly into Gatwick arriving Thursday morning and you probably have a job to go to.
I thought of having them mailed to my hotel but I'm not sure I like the idea of them hanging around there for a week or so.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 07-31-2003, 05:44 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally posted by montypython

The only glitch would be that I fly into Gatwick arriving Thursday morning and you probably have a job to go to.
Feel free to call in for a coffee if you're passing by, I'll be out, but Belha works from home at present.

Having said that, check with us closer to the time as are planning to visit Belha's family in Kenya sometime during the Autumn. I'm fairly sure we'll be back by November.

Phil.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: