How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-29-2003, 06:15 PM
The Molinator

Cool rough idle GONE!

I wanted to wait a little while before saying anything because I've had so many false alarms, thinking the rough idle was getting better. About 3 1/2 weeks ago, I decided to try some of my friend's (Dynosurge) fuel treatment in my gas again - Like I said, it couldn't hurt - Right before going for a smog check. Well, it passed easily and the rough idle seemed to go away (REMEMBER I'VE HAD THIS SINCE EARLY NOVEMBER 2002!). So, I started to put about an ounce of the same fuel treatment in each tank of gas since then. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY BAD PERFORMANCE OR ROUGH IDLE DURING WARMUP SINCE!

Needless to say I'm happy, but WHAT HAPPENED?

Soon I'll stop putting the 1 oz. fuel tX per tank gas to see what happens. Now, however, I have noticed some PINGING UPON TAKEOFF FROM THE SIGNALS ON OUR HOT DAYS!

Is there anything to explain or tx this ping? Is it the fuel tx? Is it my knock sensor? ANY IDEAS?

THANKS FOR ANY COMMENTS OR HELP!

P.S. I do still get a little ticking (lifter?) on startup, but not as much as before.

P.P.S. I installed a small (Hadyn) plate AT oil cooler between the AT condensor/radiator (just in time 100 degrees+ now in Fresno, CA) bled my brakes (really old fluid!), and polished my headlight lens (one really foggy). Looks alot better, but didn't get all the early scratches out (will redo).
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 06-29-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Dangit, the ticking came back today. I hate tuesdays.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hi James Scott

I am glad to here you got the rough IDLE solution.

You have had this problem for a long and I can't help but wonder why? Gas keeps coming to mind. Now you have been using a fuel treatment and it helps. What kind of gas do buy?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:36 AM
The Molinator

Cool GAS

I buy independent station 91 octane gas. And now I put about one ounce of my friend's ("Dynosurge") fuel treatment per tank of gas. [I've used his Dynosurge Metal Treatment on everything from bearing grease to differential oil to transmission oil to engine oil to my lawnmower engine - It seems to work because everything seems to last longer (subjectively, of course)].

It's still working with no rough idle. I was starting to wonder if it would ever go away?
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:09 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
oil

How's the weather in fresno? I found that in warmer weather mine is more prone to engine noises 10w-40 castrol gtx usually does the trick for me, then a good long drive on the highway fairly fast to clean out the sh*t. Good Luck
Old 07-11-2003, 11:01 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

I know of 2 products

that help and you dump in your gastank...
one is Seafoam, most Napas sell it by the can
You add to a tank of gas every siz months and they
also make a spray throttle body cleaner
and
B&G Chemicals is sold thruout the US to repair
shops, they make some great products used
as a injector cleaner by tank or spray too...

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."