Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
I want to replace my SVX's struts. They're 14 years and 140k...something old. Subaruparts.com lists the parts as about $130 apiece. Is that my only option?

Liberty Subaru www.newsubaru.com is where I get my subie stuff from. I think I paid $110 plus actual shipping from 'em last time I got. The rears tend to have major seal issues though on a car that sits as I'm assuming yours still does most of the year. I went through 2 sets in 2.3 years. The second set blew with all of 500 miles on 'em over the winter in the garage. Of course it was out of warranty and Subaru didn't stand behind it even though Liberty tried and even had the regional rep call to tell me that Subaru sucks.

I'm now running 140k struts from a 92 back there with nice shiney cores in the basement with no oil in 'em.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 PM

Angry This is pretty simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Liberty Subaru www.newsubaru.com is where I get my subie stuff from. I think I paid $110 plus actual shipping from 'em last time I got. The rears tend to have major seal issues though on a car that sits as I'm assuming yours still does most of the year. I went through 2 sets in 2.3 years. The second set blew with all of 500 miles on 'em over the winter in the garage. Of course it was out of warranty and Subaru didn't stand behind it even though Liberty tried and even had the regional rep call to tell me that Subaru sucks.

I'm now running 140k struts from a 92 back there with nice shiney cores in the basement with no oil in 'em.
Fair is fair! If they won't honor the warrenty with 0nly 500 miles on the parts, simply buy new ones and a couple of months l;ater take the origional ones that you bought back to the dealer and trade them for new ones. At least you will have another set!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Cool Group buy

I remember that about 5 years ago Dayle at Motorsport warehouse arranged to do a group buy (50 sets min) of Koni inserts.

Mine are still in the box waiting to be used - no not interested in selling them.

Maybe he can arrange another one?

Steve in New Zealand