Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: mmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
Look guys i really would like to see a thread showing for example how we can change the timing belt by ourselves, gaskets, dealing with leaks... really it's crazy to pay amounts such as $300, $400..... $800 for changing timing belts and gaskets not worth that trouble to pay such labor costs!! that's a rip off in my opinion... we as a network should help one another to deal with such easy tasks... the one who began with it is Seraph with the front headlights cleaning and stuff.... what about if someone posted some documentary on how to deal with problems along with some pics!
We have many threads already that will show you how to change each of those things and more.
We are working on the tech section to consolidate them.
In the meantime, the search button is your friend.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
clarkerussell

Hey Suby, want to come over to my warehouse and tear apart the front of my SVX to replace the seals? Should be a good time!
Old 01-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I can do the front main seal, but I don't have the subaru tool to do the cam seals.
I have never attempted an oil pump seal, but I read here that it isn't that hard to do.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I just used a strap wrench from Sears to hold the cam gears. Make sure you have help and the strap wrench is tight and firmly wedged against something that is strong and won't move. And wear heavy gloves as the strap wrench could break if it's a plastic one like I had.

Others have had luck constructing something out of some bolts and 2x4's, but I didn't have strong enough stuff around.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
I can do the front main seal, but I don't have the subaru tool to do the cam seals.