How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Certified Porschephile

My Pathfinder and I went for a walk in the woods today

I finally got to put my Pathfinder to the test. I still regret having to get rid of my SVX in the name of practicality, but it couldn't do what I got to do today. It did well in the moderate snow we got last year, but this was her first journey off road. DEEP off road. I started her off easy, heavy trails and semi-deep puddles. Just enough to get her muddy. I started getting braver, the deeper into the northern PA forrest we got. Trails led to fields that then turned into marshes. At one point I got her sunk up to the frame rails. I started to panic, being alone, and the wheels spinning in the muck. I put it in reverse and feathered the throttle and she backed up in her footprints just enough to get ahold of some soil. I put it in drive and she was able to turn around and drive right out! I was amazed. I never thought I'd get out. This truck is one awesome off-roader. I then had the joy of removing over 100 pounds of mud from the underbody when I got home! All in all a great trip and she really rewarded my faith in her. I should have a picture or two soon. I'm pretty confident my Forester wouldn't have been able to follow down those same trails. This is my first true 4 wheel drive having owned 5 Subaru's and I love it. A great truck. Thanks for listening to her first off road adventure. There will be more in the future!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Superbeast

Sounds pretty cool. Reminds me of one night in the BRAT, and that was only rear wheel drive

Just curious what size tire does your PF have on it? Are they bigger than these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clif2.jpg (67.4 KB, 63 views)
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Certified Porschephile

I take it that's your Loyal wagon? I like the home made high level air intake. I haven't done any lifts to her. Instantly voids the warranty. It still has the stock P255/65-16R's. The dealer put General Grabber ST's on it. When they wear out I'll probably go with something more aggressive, like BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A's.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: