Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-06-2001, 08:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Alarm problem

OK.. I'll try to give all the facts, and hope somebody has an answer for me..

When I bought my car, the seller told me there was an alarm, but the remote didn't work.. I checked the battery, and yup, it was dead.. Switched the battery out, and found out how to program the remote.. Thing is, I can't get into programming mode.. Hell, I can't even arm it without the remote!! Took it out and cleaned the alarm, still no luck.. I even tried hitting the switch inside the alarm with my finger to make sure the lights would light up.. It does..

But here's what I think is the problem.. I've been told when the security button is pressed, the light flashes.. Mine just lights up and stays lit..

Anybody have this problem before and fixed it?? I don't want to replace sensors and switches if someone can tell me exactly what's wrong.. Thanks!!!!
Old 12-02-2001, 06:34 PM
dart

Re: Alarm problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
OK.. I'll try to give all the facts, and hope somebody has an answer for me..

When I bought my car, the seller told me there was an alarm, but the remote didn't work.. I checked the battery, and yup, it was dead.. Switched the battery out, and found out how to program the remote.. Thing is, I can't get into programming mode.. Hell, I can't even arm it without the remote!! Took it out and cleaned the alarm, still no luck.. I even tried hitting the switch inside the alarm with my finger to make sure the lights would light up.. It does..

But here's what I think is the problem.. I've been told when the security button is pressed, the light flashes.. Mine just lights up and stays lit..

Anybody have this problem before and fixed it?? I don't want to replace sensors and switches if someone can tell me exactly what's wrong.. Thanks!!!!
Did you ever have any luck resolving this issue? (My alarm does the same thing)
Old 12-02-2001, 09:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Nope.. Just pulled the alarm out for now.. I was told it may be the security switch in the dashboard..