How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-03-2003, 01:58 PM
cargamer03

Angry abs and air bag lights

well as i started up the car this morning it struggled to start and as it finally did the abs, and airbag lights came on. my headunit did not come on for a couple of minutes as well. it seemed as there was not enough power to run everything as in the middle of driving several minutes later the internal lights increased in intensity and my cd player came on. now when i turn the car over it has no problem but the airbag light stays on for a couple of seconds longer than the power light does. should i take it in to a subie dealer as the driver-side visor recomends or should i not even bother as my e-brake light stays on all the time.
thanks
jon
Old 11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
cargamer03

anyone have any idea. should i have the light checked out. i am kind of on a tight monetary budget and if it is not absolutely necessary than i don't think that i will do it. any suggestions.
thanks
jon
Old 11-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Step 1 - have your charging system & battery checked.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:14 PM
cargamer03

thanks for responding. i was starting to think that no one cared to help anyone any more and the only reason people were on this site was to harass and criticize others.
jon
Old 11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
gf ina subie

just saw your post...

My airbag light stays on. I was told by the previous owner that this is because of power loss...it had to be jumped. I was also told that I would need to have the airbag sensor or chip or something like that replaced.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2003, 04:45 PM
cargamer03

thanks guys
jon
Old 11-08-2003, 04:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: just saw your post...

Quote:
Originally posted by gf ina subie
My airbag light stays on. I was told by the previous owner that this is because of power loss...it had to be jumped. I was also told that I would need to have the airbag sensor or chip or something like that replaced.

Good luck!
How did you jump the car? Depending on how you hooked the two cars up, you might have simply blown a fuse. If you airbag light stays on, the first thing I'd do is check and airbag-related fuses. I don't know whether these would be in the engine compartment fusebox or the one in the passenger compartment.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE