Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Hairy Hound

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Cozz, Hi man and you are very welcome to the site, I see it's your first post.

Phil will no doubt pick up on your question, but in short, yes, plenty of room for another SVX.

We are taking more space this year than last year, so we will have more room for cars.

Where is your location? Is it Scotland? Give us some detail on your car, we love to hear from new owners.

Joe

Hi Joe,
If there are still spaces left for the JAE could you ( or anyone else ) let me know how I would book a space on the svx stand. Could you also supply info and reference numbers etc. for booking the Friday night camping in association with the SVX Club?
Thanks again
Ally
Thanks Ally
Old 07-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozz
Hi Joe,
If there are still spaces left for the JAE could you ( or anyone else ) let me know how I would book a space on the svx stand. Could you also supply info and reference numbers etc. for booking the Friday night camping in association with the SVX Club?
Thanks again
Ally
Thanks Ally

Ally

We have space for 20 cars, so consider yourself booked on the stand.

Regards the camping, in theory the camping areas are away in other areas, not necessarily near the club stand. Last year, a few of our members camped up on the SVX stand, there was no problem with the organisers. Either way you will not have a problem. {If you are camped up on the club stand, you have to have the tent down by the time the show starts the next day, or else there could be problems. So no lying in the sack with a hangover, K? }

When you arrive at the gate, tell them you are with the SVX club, they will direct you over. You pay them the weekend entry rate which includes camping as far as I know.

Look up the link at the start of this thread. They will have the latest info written up there.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Hairy Hound

Exclamation Morning alarm

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the event however I will have to carefully consider your advise about lying in my pit in the morning, I suppose it will depend how far my friend and I will have to push the svx to get there!!
Thanks again
Ally
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM

Registered SVX
Unhappy

I think I will miss this years show family business all weekend,trying hard to get out of it.
Mal
Old 07-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymal
I think I will miss this years show family business all weekend,trying hard to get out of it.
Mal
Mal, sorry to hear it. Hope you manage to make it, hope to see you there.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-13-2006, 01:38 AM

Hi,

I havent been to the JAE before but am thinking of coming this year. Are there any spaces left on the SVX stand? Is it possible to come on the saturday morning early and still be on the stand with the other SVX' or must you arrive the night before? Oh and how much is it?

Thanks

John
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_project
Hi,

I havent been to the JAE before but am thinking of coming this year. Are there any spaces left on the SVX stand? Is it possible to come on the saturday morning early and still be on the stand with the other SVX' or must you arrive the night before? Oh and how much is it?

Thanks

John
Hi John

You will enjoy the JAE, it is a good, [and pretty big!] show

Our stand fits 20 cars, so we have lots of room. You can come Friday or Saturday or Sunday, whatever suits you. The cost is £20 for your car for all weekend, see http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/ and in addition you need to pay Phil Hill for the stand space. I think that is £1 only, check with Phil when on the stand.

Your car looks very good, and I would love to see you there, and see your car also. I suggest you also bring a huge FOR SALE sign for the window, it is a place where Jap car enthusiasts come, you may get a customer interested in your motor.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-14-2006, 09:57 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info, and for the kind comments about my car. I would really like to come to see my car with some other SVX's, and obviously it sounds as you say, like a great opportunity to sell mine. Unfortunately that weekend is also BUGJAM! And as you may see in my little picture avatar thing, I am a VW Beetle driver!! Such a decision as I have been planning for Bug Jam for ages, however I may have a change of plans now.

Which day tends to be the "biggest" would you think? Saturday would suit me better as I have a family meal on sunday evening, but often sundays seem to be the more popular days for shows....

I'll keep you posted as to my plans. Thanks again for your reply and comments.

John
Old 07-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I think the Saturday is the biggest day.

People are arriving on the Friday, setting up and so on. Some leave early on the Sunday.

Everybody wants to be there Saturday, and stay over Saturday night for the fun.

Of course, if the Sunday is a fine day, there will be a lot more of the general public coming for a look. But I think Saturday is the big day for the car nuts.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-16-2006, 07:06 PM

Registered SVX
Torn between two lovers......

Hi Joe, Phil and every one else...
I've been holding off for some time now before making my mind up over the JAE show, and I'm sad to say I will have to give it a miss this time due to building work going on at home and a wedding in Cyprus..........and belive me, I know where I would rather be!!
I feel bad letting the side down as I know the SVX owners being a small goup of 'die hards' need all the support going.
Although last year was my first time at the JAE, the folk I met there were 'top poeple', and what a laugh too...anyone reading this who are going for the first time.....trust me, you wont be disapointed! and are made most welcome.
My own SVX is going ok for now, back box starting to make a rattle and sucking air so will have to replace soon......oh, out of curiosity, my SVX was starting to slip out of second when on light throttle, so after searching the net for clues I dumped the Smallcar quick shift I had fitted and cleaned out the TPS with electrical cleaner.....so far (touching wood) no more problems.
A quick question while I'm here, I'm fast aprpoaching the 90k mark and will be needing to put it in for the service which inc timming belt etc, whats the going cost I should expect for this?
For all those going to the JAE, have a good'un and if not before, see you next year....
John from Scotland...

Last edited by blueji; 07-16-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:53 AM

Do we have a plot or some idea where to go on the site, a map even !
I should be along about 1200 on Saturday.

Arthur
Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur-UK
Do we have a plot or some idea where to go on the site, a map even !
I should be along about 1200 on Saturday.

Arthur
Hi Arthur

Have a look at the enclosed link:

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/info.html

We are in a different position than last year, far as I can see. Unless I am mistaken, last year we were down in the rhs bottom corner. This year that stand seems to be long stay camping.

We are up near the centre. If you come downwards from theorange coloured "service area" at the top, you will see us beside Scooby City.

Looking forward to seeing you there. John and I are catching the ferry tomorrow.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
Hi Joe, Phil and every one else...
I've been holding off for some time now before making my mind up over the JAE show, and I'm sad to say I will have to give it a miss this time due to building work going on at home and a wedding in Cyprus..........and belive me, I know where I would rather be!!
I feel bad letting the side down as I know the SVX owners being a small goup of 'die hards' need all the support going.
Although last year was my first time at the JAE, the folk I met there were 'top poeple', and what a laugh too...anyone reading this who are going for the first time.....trust me, you wont be disapointed! and are made most welcome.
My own SVX is going ok for now, back box starting to make a rattle and sucking air so will have to replace soon......oh, out of curiosity, my SVX was starting to slip out of second when on light throttle, so after searching the net for clues I dumped the Smallcar quick shift I had fitted and cleaned out the TPS with electrical cleaner.....so far (touching wood) no more problems.
A quick question while I'm here, I'm fast aprpoaching the 90k mark and will be needing to put it in for the service which inc timming belt etc, whats the going cost I should expect for this?
For all those going to the JAE, have a good'un and if not before, see you next year....
John from Scotland...

Hi John

I can't help you with the service costs, I don't know English prices.

Hard luck you can't make it!! I'm just going to have to drink all that single malt myself, won't I? Or myself and Phil. Or Phil and Angie and Brett.?

Errr, OK, enjoy the wedding, we will have to muddle through!

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-20-2006, 01:19 PM

Registered SVX
Hi everyone,

Sorry I can't make it this year. Drink one for me, will ya!
Wishing all a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Hi John

I can't help you with the service costs, I don't know English prices.

Hard luck you can't make it!! I'm just going to have to drink all that single malt myself, won't I? Or myself and Phil. Or Phil and Angie and Brett.?

Errr, OK, enjoy the wedding, we will have to muddle through!
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 07-20-2006, 05:01 PM

Registered SVX
swally

thanks for the temptation Joe, sad I know, but I was looking forward to the meet!........have a good show and a great hang over!!

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: