Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 04-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Phil & Belha

Keep us on the not-sure pile for now. There's a good chance that one or both of us may be overseas, but we'll make it if we can.

Phil & Belha.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Won't be long filling that.

Currently I have 4 Subarus, but with the cost of ferries.......

Recap:
Currently these are the people coming. If I have missed anyone, please shout.

Tony [Excessive member]
Andy ["]
Phil & Angie SVX
Arthur [Saturday] SVX
Petr [Hired hooligan tool] [and friends, very welcome]
Numbnuts SVX
Joe SVX
Graham Supercharged SVX

Other possibles who have not confirmed would be Phil & Belha, John from the wilds of Scotland, both SVXs, and James and Cassie, who are probably coming in a Camry.
Would be great if Paulo could transpor'er from Porto. It's a long way to come, but a yellow car would turn some heads for sure, be great if he could join us.

There are other people who were on previous meets, so we will try to contact them.

Anyone who is thinking of coming, but didn't let us know yet, please speak up so we can organise for the numbers. As Phil Hill says;

"You know you want to"

I will try to be there and this time be able to spend some time with you guys (sorry that we had to leave early last year)

I am looking intently for a 4cyl auto Camry to relive the good old SVX pursuit days especially for JAE!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
State of the Union

I mean play.

Revised list, starting with possible or probable SVXs.

Arthur, Polo Green SVX, Saturday. So long as he brings the cool box.
Phil & Angie, Mica Black SVX, presumed Sat & Sun [and Friday, Phil?]
Phil & Belha, Claret SVX. Sat & Sun, but not 100% sure both will attend.
Numbnuts, Silver SVX. Both days?
Joe & John, Mica Black SVX, Sat & Sun. If ready in time. Otherwise Legacy
John Blueji, Metallic Grey SVX, Sat & Sun? To spoil, or not to spoil, that is .....
Ricky Waltman, Pearlie SVX, Sat & Sun.
Graham, Pearlie SVX. Sat & Sun Graham? Only SUPERCHARGED and 5 sp.

And other non-svx possibles:

Tony, Skyline, hidden round the back
Andy, Forester Turbo, round the back, but at least it's a Soobie
Henry Devine, JDM Forester Turbo. Mean and blacked out. The car too.
Petr, Hired Pretzel. We don't mind.
James & Cassie, Hired Camry auto. Looking to sit in everyone's car no doubt. Lock up your stereos.

That's it at present. We might have to divide the stand in two. Real cars and miscellaneous JDMery.

This week, we must contact all those we have had in the past. Phil H, can you contact me so we can draw up a full list, and do an email round robin, set off all the spam filters and stuff.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 05-03-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:52 AM
TonyShaleUK

SVX Club banner

Hi all,

Just to remind you that I have the SVX banner. I am still intending to come (even if I am round the back!!) but Sat & Sun only. Do you need the banner before that? If so, I'll get it in the post. Let me know when and who wants it!

Pray for sunshine again.....
Old 06-09-2005, 11:17 AM
k70nw

hello there
my son told me about jae he is going with the mx5 club
would i be able to join in with you gents?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:18 AM

JAE Update !!

Hi everyone

Latest missive from Clarie at "The Organisation" about JAE :

Subject: Fw: JAE Update
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:36:13 +0100

Hi,

Please find attached the current layout for JAE 2005. Please note this is subject to change but we will try not to make any alterations to those clubs that have already reserved a plot. You will see from the plot we have circled around the arena to keep clubs as close to the action as possible and have provided ample camping space. This is in addition to those wishing to camp on their own club plot. Now that we have more space to work with you will see, when you get to JAE, that we have increased the amount of space per car by 30%! We hope you approve.

In addition to the layout I have attached a booking form for an electrical supply. Please note these must be received with payment in full no later than Friday 15 July. I appreciate this is a duplicate of a lot of the information you have given already but we need this to pass on to the electrician.

As far as 'evening entertainment' goes please bear in mind we are adjacent a residential area and your cooperation in turning down the volumes of any systems at a reasonable time would be greatly appreciated. Lets make this a great event for everyone at JAE and for the local residents, please.

From the plan you will see there are two bars. These will be open from 11am until 5pm on Saturday and Sunday and will be open from 7pm until 11pm on Saturday only. The general public will be required to leave the site by 6pm so we hope we can rely on your cooperation to enforce this and we hope the two hour break in bar service makes this easier to enforce. There will be no bar on Friday night, so you'll have to bring your own. The bar will have an off-sales service of cans and bottles. Please make the best use of this as it prevents multiple trips to the local supermarkets.

In addition to the bar there is a restaurant which can cope for about 100 covers at any one time. Saturday night will be a curry night, Friday is yet to be determined. Once we have the full menus we will post them on the www.japcarclub.com/jae forum. If you want to reserve a table please contact Jacqui Wheatley at the East of England Showground. Jacqui can be contacted on 01733 234451 or at jwheatley@eastofengland.org.uk

Please note whilst we are happy for you to promote your club to all visitors we have a strict 'no flyers policy'. This is to prevent litter. On that matter, we will be giving each club some sacks during the day to help keep the place tidy. There will be regular litter picks but we need your help to clear up your club stand. Don't forget there is a competition for the best Car Club. Whilst this does include layout and presentation it also includes all other elements, such as safety, cleanliness, friendliness etc.

Saturday evening will see a Flame-out competition. There will be two classes. Assisted and Normally aspirated. If your members are interested in competing they will need to complete a form and hand it in on the evening. A copy of the form is attached.

Sunday morning, just to blow the cob-webs away will see the return of the Japcarclubs Tug o War. We already have a list of teams but, if you haven't entered one yet please let us know. Rules will be clarified nearer the event. As with all competitions it will finish with the usual fountain of champagne for the winners.

If you are interested in helping with any of the events please let us know. As well as the events listed above we have a Show n Shine competition. If your members are interested in helping with the marshalling or judging we could do with it. Anyone helping will receive a VIP pass for JAE, giving them free entry to the show.

Other information such as opening times for the gates, list of food stalls, agenda for the two days and other information will be posted shortly.

If you need hotels locally we have agreed a discount with some and these can be found here: http://www.infotel.co.uk/ratecard/ra...?id=RC_JAE2005

In the meantime please note the receipts sent to you are INCLUSIVE of VAT. For your records The Organisation (marketing and events) Limited VAT number is 850 9586 91

Claire Williams
The Organisation
www.the-organisation.org

I have uploaded the Layout plan into my locker, but in summary we are placed near the entrance to the club area again. This time we are adjacent to SIDI and Scooby City, and near to the Skyline and JDM Owners, so if Tony want's to park his Skyline there but hang-out with us.............

In terms of who can come, all are welcome, in fact the more the merrier !! Please see my original and earlier posts for details. Tony, If you want to mail the banner back to me that's fine, or we can arrange a pickup sometime.

I need to start drawing up a list of likely attendees soon, so please re-confirm your diary/consult your "social secretary" and let me know.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k70nw
hello there
my son told me about jae he is going with the mx5 club
would i be able to join in with you gents?
Hi K70NW !! Everyone is welcome to join in, please see the earlier posts for costs etc. Be pleased to see you there.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:04 AM
k70nw

Hi How does one Join everyone on the stand at jAE who do i pay
do `I have to book in advance, where do I get wrist bands to get in
the site. I will be there from Friday until Sunday, my son is camping
and is on the MX5 stand, I'm the camping equipment transport of course.
Norman
Old 06-14-2005, 09:52 AM

Norman (and everyone else !!)

If it's similar to last year it's easy, I'll check with Claire to confirm.

Basically if you arrive at the showground on Friday evening you pay to gain entry to the site. If you are intending to stay all weekend and camp it'll cost you £15 for the whole weekend. You will get id bands or what-ever at that point. Then someone should (!) ask you which club you are from and direct you to the stand. This is where it all went a bit pear-shaped last year as we had to find the stand ourselves, in the dark !! But it had a little sign on it saying "SVX World Network" so no worries.

Last year we camped on the stand, although it looks like this isn't the prefered option this year, but I'll check with Claire. The detail on "the organisation" forum pages state it's ok to camp on the stand, but they expect tentage to be down and off-stand by 9am each day, so obviously they want to keep camping to the camping areas not on the stands. Checking the map it seems that there is a camping area directly behind "our" stand so we should be able to camp there...........

For daily entants, just arrive at the Club entrance (will be separate to general public entrance), pay your day's entry and tell them which club. Again someone *should* direct you to the stand.........

Next item to discuss is equipment and provisions. Last year we had a nice little gazebo brought by Tony, and some tables/camping chairs etc. It would be good if we could get something like this again for the stand. We need to start thinking about provisions.......... Last year we all kinda pitched in with stuff, which was good. Do we need to be any more organised this year, or shall we just go with the flow again ?? Your thoughts please..........

Another point from "the rules", for those who intend to cook on-site any form of Barbeque or fire must be kept off the ground this year. So disposable barbees must have some sort of frame to keep them off the ground.

Just keeps on coming don't it !!

Phil.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:35 AM
m.messenger

Peterborough

I would like to day trip on Saturday or Sunday

Who wants what money where and when?

Michael

Incidentally, have just stripped my 93 donor, and binned the shell, so have odd sorts of non gearbox/engine bits.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:50 AM

Micheal

If you are day-tripping then you will have to pay for entry on both days, I'm pretty sure it's £10 per day. Just arrive at the exhibitor's gate and pay on the day, someone should direct you to our stand.

Looking forward to it already !!

Phil.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Phil & Belha

Phil,

From reading the JAE forums, it sounds like we need club passes to drive into the exhibitors area - and also pay on entry. Or am I reading it wrong?

The other Phil.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Phil,

From reading the JAE forums, it sounds like we need club passes to drive into the exhibitors area - and also pay on entry. Or am I reading it wrong?

The other Phil.
Phil

I guess I need to read the forum again, and confirm with Claire. Can you indicate which thread on their forum it's mentioned in ??

If we do need passes, then it means I will need to submit names in advance to get the necessary passes from Claire and get them mailed out to the attendees. Even more important to confirm your coming !!

Phil.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Unhappy Betty looking doubtful.

Well, good news and bad news.

We have confirmed our accommodation at the Holiday Inn on site, and tonight I will be booking the Ferry on-line. Probably the high speed craft Rosslare - Fishguard. My wife Ann is coming with me and so is John Henry, and we are already looking forward to meeting everyone.

The bad news is, I probably will not have Black Betty ready in time. I will probably have to bring the Legacy Twin Turbo estate, so I will be forced to park with the XSVXives. Oh well!!!

My mechanic Ian has the engine in the car. Good news is the engine is sound. Sounds sweet and smooth and powerful. Bad news is the gearbox does not seem to be right. It's not shifting up, holding first gear. I will have to move the car to Pat, my gearbox lad, as the engine guy knows nothing about autos, and does not want to learn either.

I took a trip in it yesterday to see what the problem with the auto might be. There is a serious growl from the back, indicating one of the rear bearings is not fit for a long trip either.

At this point, to fix all that the car requires would use up so much capital, I could not afford the JAE trip. So the holiday comes first, Betty will have to get her various fixes done on the drip.

Well, one less SVX on the stand, but at least the Legacy estate will have room for a quick foray to France and load up with cheap beer! Always a silver lining, if you know where to look.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Hill
Phil
I guess I need to read the forum again, and confirm with Claire. Can you indicate which thread on their forum it's mentioned in ??
Not to worry Phil. As of this evening, they've changed their minds...

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums...t=ST&f=5&t=315

The new policy is that anyone who turns up in an SVX will be directed to our stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
The bad news is, I probably will not have Black Betty ready in time. I will probably have to bring the Legacy Twin Turbo estate, so I will be forced to park with the XSVXives. Oh well!!!
Bummer. Is the plum also not up to the trip? I guess we can forgive you after the effort you put in last year. Besides, I want to see this Legacy of yours. I'd bring ours to keep it company but I can only drive one car at a time.

Phil.

Last edited by b3lha; 06-17-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: