Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
All cleaned up and looking good now!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:47 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

stupid bumper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct 6th 011.jpg (368.7 KB, 196 views)
Old 04-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
hey Phil, how about this for an offer you cannot refuse. Get your butt and your car to reading and I will trade you my teal bumper(i think it is in good shape) for yours. I don't care about how that car looks.

Tom
Old 04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Phil,
Nice! Now, how about some pics of dyno runs
-Bill
p.s. what AFR are you running at at idle? Looking at your video, it looks like you've nailed the AFR under boost

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-03-2006, 03:06 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

tom that is a tempting freaking offer but ther is just no way i could even afford the gas to get there That and i have a 30+ page case study due on the following tuesday. I will make it up there on of these years, but
April just isnt a good month..

The car idles between 14.6-15.1. Cruising it osciliates between these numbers almost perfectly, never going outside of that range( i mean, can you ask for better tuning?). Ill get some video of how the car runs when she has a full exhaust on her(which with any luck will be sooner than later). Dyno, will have to wait for this summer, the nearest one is chicago( 2 1/2 hours) and costs around 140 bux. I might as well spring for the extra 50 bux to get a full hour and mess around with the diaphrams if you know what i mean. I havnt done a whole ton of full gear pulls for obvious safety reasons so it may need some adjustment, but i am erring on the safe side for now and keeping it rich(the RRFPR tends to goes richer as you pull through the gears, since the pump seems to build back some pressure that it cant hold with the short burst on first in second)
On second thought, that would be a good time to put the walbro in and retune the RRFPR. But im just rambling on now.....

phil
Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
One teal and One yellow

tom is really looking forward to seeing your turbocharged 5 spd "TEAL SVX"...

maybe you can get yourself the front license plate cover with some logo...upgrade to the brighter headlight bulbs...noone(less people) will get attention to your bumper anymore... *temporary solution*

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
tom is really looking forward to seeing your turbocharged 5 spd "TEAL SVX"...

maybe you can get yourself the front license plate cover with some logo...upgrade to the brighter headlight bulbs...noone(less people) will get attention to your bumper anymore... *temporary solution*

heh for now im pimping the PIAA platinum 9006's, and def dont want to take away air from the intercooler by adding the license plate, so looks like its torn bumper for phil :/
Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
heh for now im pimping the PIAA platinum 9006's, and def dont want to take away air from the intercooler by adding the license plate, so looks like its torn bumper for phil :/

ok so it's a torn bumper heh...wait till you get extra money then fix it up.

heh I can't tell it's the PIAA...maybe you should polish up your headlights cover...

Be happy that yours is a TEAL COLOR so it doesn't look so obvious. If it's the Silver or Pearlwhite or oh okay even the yellow...it would look 100% obvious and worse...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-11-2006, 10:31 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

I scored a 60 trim housing today! should be able to get everyting together for it soon. Will help a little with efficency.
phil
Old 04-18-2006, 05:49 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

i got a pic of my oil setup. enjoy. note, even with the gasket sealer, it still leaks a tiny bit :/ couldnt get the surface of the oil return spout even enough i guess, oh well it deosnt leak it just kind of accumulates over time.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Locker Link Solution

thats unfortunate. can you cut a gasket to work? or do you expect it would be just as ineffective? I'd take the route of making the return extend past the flange a bit. Oil will drain into the pan and the seal wouldn't be exposed to the presurized flow.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:29 PM

Another Oil Return Location.

There is a plug on the back of the heads that will accept return oil. I have run a turbo to it for a few thousand miles with no issues. You just remove it and insert threaded nipple. I'll look at the location on Saturday morning and try to locate it for you. I just hope you have enough elevation with your turbo location. My first thought is your are OK. Great job installing the turbo. Its a sweet setup. You just need some engine management now.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
There is a plug on the back of the heads that will accept return oil. I have run a turbo to it for a few thousand miles with no issues. You just remove it and insert threaded nipple. I'll look at the location on Saturday morning and try to locate it for you. I just hope you have enough elevation with your turbo location. My first thought is your are OK. Great job installing the turbo. Its a sweet setup. You just need some engine management now.
Thanks Chuck. I was aware of the location, but would like to run a larger return than that, and to the pan worked easiest at the time.
Im not sure what you mean about having enough elevation with the location. The car runs awesome with a RRFPR and stage 2v5 on the boost levels im running. Pulls very hard. Ill have some more information more. When i go for a beat run and get out of the car the piping after the FMIC near hte tbody is cool to the touch I may hit the track this weekend on 3.5 lbs just for ****s and giggles, to see how she runs. No time to put the EVC in and retune.
phil
P.S. have you gotten any work done on the TEC-II. Im thinking we should have along talk about that
Old 04-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Setups

I was refering to whether or not your turbo was higher than the return port. As to the pressure regulator, I'm sure that will help your detonation situation. What rail pressure are you running? I think as long as you can get enough fuel and be able to tune the timing, you should be fine with your setup, unless you want to rebuild the engine and go to crazy boost levels and power. If it aint broke don't fix it. I'm going to be anxious to see your track results. I really like your turbo layout and setup. Real nice work.

As for my setup, well I didn't have much choice at the time (don't forget how long ago I started), since no one was tuning our chips custom. I'm confident the Tec II will work very well. Just need to finish the project. I'm sure someone with more time would have been done years ago. Between the time demands of my Job, Wife, and Baby, it has been difficult to concentrate on and complete. I am sooo close though.

Take Care
Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
I was refering to whether or not your turbo was higher than the return port. As to the pressure regulator, I'm sure that will help your detonation situation. What rail pressure are you running? I think as long as you can get enough fuel and be able to tune the timing, you should be fine with your setup, unless you want to rebuild the engine and go to crazy boost levels and power. If it aint broke don't fix it. I'm going to be anxious to see your track results. I really like your turbo layout and setup. Real nice work.

As for my setup, well I didn't have much choice at the time (don't forget how long ago I started), since no one was tuning our chips custom. I'm confident the Tec II will work very well. Just need to finish the project. I'm sure someone with more time would have been done years ago. Between the time demands of my Job, Wife, and Baby, it has been difficult to concentrate on and complete. I am sooo close though.

Take Care
Chuck,
Gotcha now on the elevation
So far i havent see any detonation, luckily The car runs awesome, I am runnign rich with the RRFPR in order to keep the combustion temps down, and also remember im running a large core FMIC(26x6.5x3.5thick).
Fuel pressure is using the stock FPR, and a Rising rate fuel pressure regulator which works with a daiphram and increases pressure at a set ratio(mine is curretly set at 7lbs of fuel pressure to 1 pound of manifold boost presure) That in conjunction with ECUtune 2v5 seems to run great at the low boost levels i have been using. You know what they say though, more boost isnt always more power, so ill wait till im on the dyno to decide what the best pressure level will be for mysetup.
I would like to get together some time, we could tune out the tec-II and go scare some people on the streest with the funny looking window'd, whistiling cars

I will probably go the track tomorrow. I have the car running good, got all my fluids checked, and gave her a good launch for hte first time. The clutch holds, barely. Im hoping to hit low 14's, only runnign 3.5lbs for the day. all this is pending on me finding a friend to come with, incase the unthinkable occurs
phil
phil