Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 02:29 PM
AdamRmr

Are you going to hit up the 1/4 mile track?
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtasy
hi
well I fixed the problem. it was just me being an dumnass. there is a relay above the ECU that got unplugged when I installed the chip. so that is it the car is running. they still need to weld on the bov flange then i can take the car. thx for the help every one. o and about dealerships in ABQ i was going to take the car to Garcia, Gales is not mod friendly.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Brock94SVX

I left money on the table? -lol- or mean the service guys? true that.

And no I won't hit the 1/4 mile just want a lil more get up and go on the road any maybe a lil autocrossing help...

I got the 2.7 from like some website... or car mag...maybe some of the others like the jap version had the 2.7 i swear i read that some had it...dunno..anywho so it fits with the 3.3...good to know.

Last edited by Brock94SVX; 09-27-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Brock94SVX
I left money on the table? -lol- or mean the service guys? true that.

And no I won't hit the 1/4 mile just want a lil more get up and go on the road any maybe a lil autocrossing help...

I got the 2.7 from like some website... or car mag...maybe some of the others like the jap version had the 2.7 i swear i read that some had it...dunno..anywho so it fits with the 3.3...good to know.
Yea... I got a 92, Factory date 8/91... and its defantly a 3.3

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 09-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to SVXtasy
They all are 3.3l and anybody who says there is not enough room is wrong lol. And I may take my car to the track. We don’t know what kind of run it will do. I am afraid of blowing up the car right now . So it will not be for some time.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:47 PM
(This account is in rememberance of)Duct Tape Man

Send a message via AIM to Yoda3000
Quote:
We don’t know what kind of run it will do. I am afraid of blowing up the car right now . So it will not be for some time.
Good idea, for now you should just take it easy and have a good time.

Hey, contact me when you get it back down to tech. I can't wait!

--Michael

Early deceased SVXWN Member
July 1986 -- February 2007

Michael - Duct Tape Man

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 138K: Brembo Slotted/Drilled Rotors, B&M Tranny Cooler and Filter, SmallCar Shift Kit

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 123K: DEAD FROM FATAL HAIL DAMAGE, Parting out so PM me if you need something.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" - Fight Club
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me. I HATE THIS!" - Static X
Old 09-28-2004, 02:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
They all are 3.3l and anybody who says there is not enough room is wrong lol. And I may take my car to the track. We don’t know what kind of run it will do. I am afraid of blowing up the car right now . So it will not be for some time.
Hey man, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR A TURBO ON A SVX! Just kidding.

Although I would LOVE to see what your SVX coulf run with the turbo, I agree that taking it easy on her for now is a very good idea. I just want to hear what you think of it now that she is BOOSTED!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 09-28-2004, 04:56 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
Although I would LOVE to see what your SVX coulf run with the turbo, I agree that taking it easy on her for now is a very good idea. I just want to hear what you think of it now that she is BOOSTED!

NOOooooo! What difference would it be to merge on a highway from a dead stop to driving straight on the dragstrip for a 1/4 of a mile?

Don't mind me! I got 1/4 mile issues. Take it easy man (<--I hate saying that).
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 09-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Myxalplyx
NOOooooo! What difference would it be to merge on a highway from a dead stop to driving straight on the dragstrip for a 1/4 of a mile?

Don't mind me! I got 1/4 mile issues. Take it easy man (<--I hate saying that).
That's how I justify my drag racing addiction to my wife!

BTW, I sent you a PM. Thanks for the welcome on the XT6 forum, but I'm having problems activating my account. May just re-register as Chiketkd2 or something...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-01-2004, 02:12 AM
Turbo Member

HI
Well It looks like this Friday I will get the car back (tomorrow or I guess it is today). Anyway I will post some impressions as soon as I can hopefully I will be able to post on Friday night or Saturday. After I post some first driving impressions I will let this thread die and start on the write up on the hole project, cost, problems, what I have learned ect…
Old 10-01-2004, 02:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
HI
Well It looks like this Friday I will get the car back (tomorrow or I guess it is today). Anyway I will post some impressions as soon as I can hopefully I will be able to post on Friday night or Saturday. After I post some first driving impressions I will let this thread die and start on the write up on the hole project, cost, problems, what I have learned ect…
Great to hear! I'm sure you've learned a lot... especially considering all the research you put in before starting the project... then the first company dumping your project... then you picking it up again (intead of selling ---- friggin' HOORAYYYY!)!!!!!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 10-01-2004, 10:08 AM
(This account is in rememberance of)Duct Tape Man

Send a message via AIM to Yoda3000
Whohoo! I'll be going back to Rio Rancho saturday afternoon, you should IM me if you bring it back here (NMT) before I leave.

--Mike
AIM: Michaelcaho

Early deceased SVXWN Member
July 1986 -- February 2007

Michael - Duct Tape Man

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 138K: Brembo Slotted/Drilled Rotors, B&M Tranny Cooler and Filter, SmallCar Shift Kit

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 123K: DEAD FROM FATAL HAIL DAMAGE, Parting out so PM me if you need something.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" - Fight Club
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me. I HATE THIS!" - Static X
Old 10-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Yea...same here. I have nothing to do for 3 weeks, so IM or PM me and I'd be happy to meet you somewhere (even at NMT) to check it out. Good job, can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Mat
IM: mateodenewmexico
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Take plenty o' pics guys!!! I'd be interested in seeing what the finished product looks like with everything put back together...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Quote:
HI
If you want to make some videos... so we can not only see,
but hear this baby in action... Let me be the first to offer
any hosting you will need for your videos... I would LOVE
to see how this thing performs....

Just go out to Rio Rancho... get on one of the dirt roads
way out off of Unser Blvd... and Record it!!! hehehehhehe
(damn... I remembered that road name after beening away
from abq for 2 1/2 years... i swear im a walking roadmap)

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 10-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Turbo Member

i got the car back and it is grate. i am so happy to be driving it again. i have been driving around with the wastgate open so i have not been boosting. sunday i should be able to do a bit of tuning and see how it performs under boost. i will post again then