Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Thumbs up 92 awd LS-L with good eng/trans

stop reading if you're looking for unblemished body or interior pieces. this poor lady's been in minnesota for a long time.

Year: 1992
Model: LS-L
VIN: JF1CX3539NH109181
Manufacture date: 02/92
Paint Color: doors and lfqp: black pearl. rest of body is silver pearl. clearcoat is flaked everywhere. spoiler is bare fiberglass in places. save big $$ on stripping it for paint
Interior Color: gray leather
Miles: 171k
Options: moonroof, power driver's seat.
AWD or FWD: awd
Modifications: pwr performance radiator and intercooler ca 2005 from here. ecutune stage 1. hacked together exhaust. replacement tweeters and door speakers.
Major service: hah. does an engine/tranny swap in 2005 count? vcg and water pump done in 2011ish.
Engine Condition: leaky valve cover gasket. otherwise it's fine.
Maintenance Records: spotty, most maintenance done by me. if people want to look them over, i'll pull out the spreadsheet, receipts, and my rusty memory. you get all the paperwork you want to keep.
Transmission condition: new in 2004, estimate it has ~30k miles on it.
Glass condition: no cracks. a couple chips in the windshield. some uv fade around the edges. some dog slobber from my little buddy that's been gone a year and i can't bring myself to clean off.
Type of tire and remaining tread: tires are 7.5 year old Continental ExtremeContact DWS with plenty of tread. they'll rot before they run out of tread.
Type of wheels: stock aluminum, finish is flaked. some curbing scuffs, but nothing intrusive on the beads.
Interior condition: well used but functional
Body condition: rusty as hell
Known defects or problems: various leaks associated with a 25yo car since all the plastic, gaskets, and orings are brittle. could use one motor mount, needs a new battery (alternator is newish), rusty bodywork, non-stock exhaust is a loud bodgy patchwork, and various broken things that aren't worth my time to fix but that generally don't impact functionality or safety (e.g., the visor is held up with a bit of wire). front calipers are sticky.
Comments about the car: includes a factory shop manual and some assorted spare parts from the black body donor car (was also a 92 LS-L). this isn't a reliable daily driver, but it could be with a little bit of work. it has never been used as a daily driver, just infrequent school and work trips, mostly during the winter when bicycling was a bigger pain than getting the svx running. the engine came with the black body panels from the previous car. so did the dash. the replacement subrau factory tranny is in good shape, hardly run on a stock cooler. various parts have been swapped in over the years from the donor car, so like half the mechanicals have less mileage than the odo (from the wrong car). i have the old instrument cluster too, but i think there may have been some overlap in usage since i changed the dash a year or so after the engine/tranny. my 20s were... interesting.
Asking price: $1000 as is, $1000+cost of battery if you want me to put one in for you. comes with a battery from the 2010 impreza that is used to jump the svx battery in situ.
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/aDGnT (if you want specific pictures, just ask and i'll see what i can do)
1992 Silver LS-L #2 (purchased 2005)
PWR radiator
ECUtune stage 1
ECUtune shift kit

1992 Black LS-L #1 (purchased 2001)
crashed by roommate
parts car for #2