Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I already have the new engine. Anyway I do not see why I would not be able to part with these items as I have just started to take apart the new motor to prep it for my car. Once I get the swap done I will mail out the new lines and a/c bracket with pulley. the only thing that is missing is the nut for the pulley, somehow it got lost at the yard or someone took it off the engine. I really have the way they took care of this motor, They punched a hole and bent the crap outta the oil pan with the fork lift as they didnt use chains of straps, just picked it up. Anyway I have 2 extra pans so I am not too concerned.

Tom
Old 06-05-2005, 10:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Does anyone have any reservations about running higher boost? I don't seem to be having any problems with 9 lbs.
Never a problem running more power. Just want to be sure it's reliable for a daily driver, and numerous trips a year of 1000+ miles at a shot.

Jonathan

(Being able to fit the engine cover over the supercharger would be a nice little touch to keep the, "STOCK" look. But would rather have the S/C than the cover if it's, "One or the Other" )

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I was also wondering about the engine cover, or maybe a custom cover could be created if the stock one wont fit.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
I was also wondering about the engine cover, or maybe a custom cover could be created if the stock one wont fit.

I think you mean the throttle body cover, right? I'll see what I can do about that. I have some ideas.

I moved up the equipment, tools, supplies, and parts from Miami yesterday. I haven't exactly set up the shop yet but everything is up here and unloaded now. During the week i'll start posting some pictures of the shop and by the week end I'll start posting pictures of progress again. Since we're doing all the work ourselves you'll get to see your actual parts being fabricated from begining till end.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Just some dude.

I've got the shop mostly set up now. I definitely need another air conditioner though. The one i had running today just wasn't cutting it and the heat really took it out of me. I'll have to start my day out tomorrow with procuring another ac. I'm still missing the stand for the mill but I think I can get that in town tomorrow too. With the ac working and the mill set up I'll be ready to start working on the manifolds.

I'm going to use the mill instead of abrassive wheels to take out the bottom sections of the manifold this time and instead of cutting out an 8" wide section from the middle of the manifold I'm only going to take out the section that is covered by the black strip. The new plan is to leave the flange for the throttle body on the manifold. This will let us keep the throttle body cover. To accomplish this I will be moving the supercharger forward to get space to bring the air down from the outlets of the throttle body flange to the intake flange of the supercharger. The section i replace the black strip with will be raised rather than follow the countour of the rest of the manifold in order to supply a good output path from the discharge port of the supercharger.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Superbeast

I may have an AC "tensioner" assembly for you too. I'll look in the trailer when I get a chance.

Yeah, got my Stg. II V.II today, thanks man. Now I just need to get it in the ECU tommorrow so I can hit the strip Sunday and get some true comparison numbers.

You seem to be diving into this project head on. Well.....as you have with the V. I and II. I was just thinking as I hinted in another thread, have you considered the possibility of creating a S.C. kit for the EZ30? It may not be far off from what yuor all ready doing and it would open you up to a whole new level, with a much broader market to help you continue to support the SVX community.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Just some dude.

Actually the difference with the stageII v2 is the non nitrous code. The nitrous code is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
I may have an AC "tensioner" assembly for you too. I'll look in the trailer when I get a chance.

Yeah, got my Stg. II V.II today, thanks man. Now I just need to get it in the ECU tommorrow so I can hit the strip Sunday and get some true comparison numbers.

You seem to be diving into this project head on. Well.....as you have with the V. I and II. I was just thinking as I hinted in another thread, have you considered the possibility of creating a S.C. kit for the EZ30? It may not be far off from what yuor all ready doing and it would open you up to a whole new level, with a much broader market to help you continue to support the SVX community.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Actually the difference with the stageII v2 is the non nitrous code. The nitrous code is the same.

Yeah, I know that silly. I havn't done any bottle runs yet but I did get to run my six speed on the V. I a few weeks ago.

This Sunday I plan to do a couple of N/A runs and then go for the bottle. (after 3,000 RPMs that is.)

Old 06-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak

This Sunday I plan to do a couple of N/A runs and then go for the bottle. (after 3,000 RPMs that is.)
Let's shoot for that goal everytime

Tom
Old 06-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Superbeast

Good idea.

Old 06-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Just some dude.

I got the 2nd ac and installed it today. I wasn't able to get the stand for the mill. I think i can use it's crate for a stand for the time being. It's pretty sturdy and it looks like i can get the mill unbolted without tearing the crate up then use the engine hoist with a lifting strap to get it out.

We've got a pretty good collection of manifolds to work on. I'm going to do one first since we're making significant changes. Soon as it works out ok we'll do the other 6 so we'll have some on the shelf ready to go. Also, soon as I'm done with the one the current prototype will be off the car so you aircraft guys who have been following this and called me you may want to call me again and get the original prototype from me.

I've got a pic of the bandsaw too so might as well include it--we'll be using it soon enough. This is what I'll be using to cut the center strip out of the manifolds after i mill out the underside seperations. Next time you see it it will be tearing through a manifold.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Maniac modifier

way to stay on top of things mike. It is huge that you are taking things into your own hands for the metal work. Anyway, shoot me a pm w/ ur adress again and I will ship out some fuel lines and ac tensioner brackets. Are you sure you don't need anything else? well good job and keep up the good work.

Tom
Old 06-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Just some dude.

I had to drive to ft myers to get it but I did get the stand for the mill today.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Just some dude.

and today i got the mill set up and ups delivered the tools for the lathe and the end mills and bits for the mill. Tomorrow I'll start working on the manifolds and sometime later this week our tig welder will show up.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Just some dude.

I started work on the manifolds today. I decided it's better to go ahead and cut out the whole center section like I did before. This will let me weld in the undersections for each side seperately and then weld in the flanges and top with the manifold bolted to the engine for perfect alignment. I'm still moving the supercharger forward and reusing the throttle body flange--going to incorporate it back in later and make it all tie in nicely with the trottle body cover. I decided to do 5 in this batch.