Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: New Gauges Feeler

The door open thing's not useless, but I think it could easily be relocated to somewhere not as useful. The seatbelt one, it's not like a light is going to change anyone's decision about that.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

+1 on the CAIs already! Additionally:

Function > form. I could care less about sweeping gauges, AT temperature, chrome, or any of that Pep Boys nonsense.

Give me an ACCURATE water temp gauge (Not the standard OEM 3 position gauge), Oil pressure and temp gauges, oh, and maybe a DCCD readout in place of the AT gear display.

Barring that, convince an aftermarket gauge manufacturer to create a run of said gauges that match the OEM SVX display, ala Omori for the WRX crowd.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I'm on bender number 4 for the CAI's I should have a prototype in steel here in the next little bit, I had to ship out our prototype to Wyoming this time. He's working hard on them, We're his number 1 priority unlike the a$$hole$ I dealt with before these guys. I want the CAI more than you guys, believe me... I've been dreaming it for a couple years before fabing one. lol These are another thing I've been working on along with other projects in the fire, incl. turbo kit, 5speed kits, fuel rails, adjustable lower control arms, and a few other ideas... wanna help call the SBA and tell them to give me some money already! I do have a new welder and a few other toys to do some more custom stuff here.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I don't mean to give you so much crap about taking long, but it has been a while. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

What is the SBA? I don't get it.

One thing that I think you should note is that LAN is going to stop making/selling mechanical parts (cams, pistons, etc) soon, so there will be an unmet (if limited) demand for those things. I would start trying to line up a source for that type of thing too. Lower CR pistons especially.

Also, you should make some wiring adapters for keeping cruise and such for M/T swaps so it's more plug and play. There's not a lot to it, but it would make for a more complete M/T swap kit.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I don't mean to give you so much crap about taking long, but it has been a while. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
It's understandable I don't blame ya, it sucks just as bad for me!

What is the SBA? I don't get it. Small Business Association, they are loaning us money for the business via wellsfargo it's a government thing

One thing that I think you should note is that LAN is going to stop making/selling mechanical parts (cams, pistons, etc) soon, so there will be an unmet (if limited) demand for those things. I would start trying to line up a source for that type of thing too. Lower CR pistons especially. DONE Already have them set up

Also, you should make some wiring adapters for keeping cruise and such for M/T swaps so it's more plug and play. There's not a lot to it, but it would make for a more complete M/T swap kit. Already drawn up but don't have the, done yet
But back to the topic.... I agree with the idea for tranny temp gauge, I'll talk to them and see how hard it would be to change the on off signal into something readable.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Bump still need more feedback, otherwise I'll make one for myself and that'll be it.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
...I'll make one for myself...
At this point, it might be a good way to show you're not pitching vaporware.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

lol, that's how I'm feelin too. Damn benders makin my life hell...
Old 01-23-2018, 07:11 PM

Sooo.... What happened? Lol