Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:51 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I got bored and since there were only a few posts today, I decided to check out the "other" SVX forum.. From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

From the ONE post I decided to read, they we're complaining about price of a modification and talking about copying someones design for an air intake, then selling it cheaper. What a bunch of douche hats..

Also, I don't like the layout or the design, especially the color.. The thing I love about this network is that the layout is easy to read and very easy to navigate. Plus it doesn't have a black background with teal bars, yuck. I want something discrete so I can hide it at work and make it blend and look like work. I'm sure I could change the settings if I made an account and played in the options but I feel that it's a waste of time.

Everybody here is so friendly and very helpful! This place feels like home..
Yes this is the place for you.

I am a member of both SVX sites, as are a lot of the SVX members here.

I believe the description you have used, could be offencive to members on both sides.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post

I am a member of both SVX sites, as are a lot of the SVX members here.

Yeah Freeman, you should have thought about that man

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Lol.. Guess I should have.. I should have stated that SOME of the people seem like douche hats.. Then again, I profile...

It may be a place I'd like if I had seen a different thread, but first impressions we're not to my liking.. (Is what I should have said)

I apologies to everyone, especially the non-douche hats!

Can someone lock this thread and hide it away forever?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

I'm a member of both forums as well. Quite a few of the members here are. As Harvey said, you could have offended people on Both forums, unwittingly I am sure.

The short history for those who are new and don't know the background:

Some time ago there was a lot of personal aggro going on between some of the members here. That's not allowed on here, it lowers the tone of the place, so warnings were given. One member Jason [Budfreak] did not heed the warnings and because of repeat infringements he was banned.

Jason set up the other Network partly as a reference site for his business of repairing SVXs and partly so he could have a forum platform where people could say more or less what they felt without Mod interference.

That's about all there is to it, except that some people [very few in the lifetime of the Network] who are banned here now post on the Dark Side.

I like Jason. He would tell you himself he's a bit of a hot-head, but he's a hell of a good mechanic and wears his heart on his sleeve.

It would be best for this thread to be left in place because it shows that the general body over here actually don't like the other forum to be trashed or needlessly talked down.

Live and let live.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

I see.. Hm.. I assumed there was an argument or a disagreement between members on opposite sides of the forum but not to the extent of what I've heard. Maybe since everyone has such a love for the SVX to even bother to join the site, we should all be unified?

Trash talk happens a lot on the internet and a lot of people take it very personally. People are much easier to be offended as well as become defensive. I'm sure if we we're all together in a room, we'd get along great. Sometimes the internet brings out the worst in people and sometimes the best.

I guess I should think before I speak. Then again, that seems to be a lot of peoples problem these days..

I'm sure I didn't offend too many people and if that's the case, I apologize.

Thanks for the history lesson!
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 01-30-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Network Design Administrator

I was gonna add my two cents, but my view has already been covered by another Admin that posted already. Thanks Joe.

I am also a member of both sites, FYI.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Again, I didn't mean to offend. I was simply apahaled at how one member was willing to undercut someone elses work and assumed that was the general conduct of other members..

You sir, are not a douche hat.. Nor are the others that have claimed to be part of the other site. I guess we all have monsters somewhere and I happened to find one right away in an unfamuilar place so I made an asumption. For that, I apologize, yet again.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Again, I didn't mean to offend. I was simply apahaled at how one member was willing to undercut someone elses work and assumed that was the general conduct of other members..

You sir, are not a douche hat.. Nor are the others that have claimed to be part of the other site. I guess we all have monsters somewhere and I happened to find one right away in an unfamuilar place so I made an asumption. For that, I apologize, yet again.
1. This is common practice anywhere you go. Dayle takes the parts that cloud and other companies have made and re-makes them... It happens. If someone wants to copy my intake, I may not approve, but I cannot stop them as it is not copywritten or patented. I will go far enough to say that I doubt most people will be able to make them as well as I do and this will be the difference you will see.

2. Stop using the term douche-hat.... You are not helping yourself at all by continuing to say stuff like that.

Tom
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
I see.. Hm.. I assumed there was an argument or a disagreement between members on opposite sides of the forum but not to the extent of what I've heard. Maybe since everyone has such a love for the SVX to even bother to join the site, we should all be unified?

Trash talk happens a lot on the internet and a lot of people take it very personally. People are much easier to be offended as well as become defensive. I'm sure if we we're all together in a room, we'd get along great. Sometimes the internet brings out the worst in people and sometimes the best.

I guess I should think before I speak. Then again, that seems to be a lot of peoples problem these days..

I'm sure I didn't offend too many people and if that's the case, I apologize.

Thanks for the history lesson!
That's cool, Brett. The apology is appreciated.

What you say is very, very true.

People on the internets do tend to dish out more insults and aggro than if they were in the same room with the person on the other end.

We like to keep it family friendly and information and help oriented on here. That suits the majority of SVX fans.

However, we are aware this frustrates some people who like to get down and get personal, especially when pride may be at stake. In the past we have been guilty of letting things go on too long, specifically so that people can air a grievance or give a heartfelt opinion.

The mods try to strike a balance so that people can speak their minds. There is usually little interference unless it gets TOO personal.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
1. This is common practice anywhere you go. Dayle takes the parts that cloud and other companies have made and re-makes them... It happens. If someone wants to copy my intake, I may not approve, but I cannot stop them as it is not copywritten or patented. I will go far enough to say that I doubt most people will be able to make them as well as I do and this will be the difference you will see.

2. Stop using the term douche-hat.... You are not helping yourself at all by continuing to say stuff like that.

Tom
Addressing number 1: I know what your saying. Though a person can copy a design all they want, nobody makes something better than the designer themselves. I still fully intend to buy your product and see the gains for myself.

Addressing number 2: I assumed so, but for the sake of hilarity, I continued to do so. Most of the time I attempt to calm people, correct my mistakes, or mask nervousness and embarrassment with comedy. Apparently this was a failed attempt...

And svxistentialist, I truly appreciate you acknowledging my apology. Believe it or not, everybody's opinion here matters to me.

Last edited by Freeman; 01-30-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:

And svxistentialist, I truly appreciate you acknowledging my apology. Believe it or not, everybody's opinion here matters to me.
Well Brett, as you now see Chris above and wannarace and Harvey and many people we really value and like here are on the other Network also.

So in the spirit of you mentioning that we should all join up together we like to respect the members of the other forum as well and avoid bashing them. They have a different way of conducting business, but the bottom line is, they are SVX people, Brothers and Sisters in Arms.

Yay!

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 AM

Registered SVX

you might try and read more than 1 thread or maybe a whole section over there before counting them out they have some rude people , true , but most just have a love for a unique sexy car. I am a member of both forums also and get some kicks to see the craziness that some people stoop to, they also have some good info also really they do
Old 01-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarufamily View Post
you might try and read more than 1 thread or maybe a whole section over there before counting them out they have some rude people , true , but most just have a love for a unique sexy car. I am a member of both forums also and get some kicks to see the craziness that some people stoop to, they also have some good info also really they do
Your right.. I should have read more threads and taken the time before I made a judgment. I got more than enough information on the thread I read there and even more information about the person I judged. It's best to just let it go though.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Ok folks hes apologized a bunch of times, learned his lesson, knows better now, etc. If I had a dollar for everytime I accidentally offended someone, I could buy the universe . I definitely learned not to say anything bad about the other forum if I ever go there.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

You also have to remember that what is said here also shows up over there as well. Especially if it is even close to being negative.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872