SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Im REALLY addicted! CANT STOP!

Send a message via MSN to mysvxrocks Send a message via Yahoo to mysvxrocks
Re: Do you think Im being unreasonable?

I hope Im not... And you know, everyone changes. Like iizbeastie said, someday Ill be albe to joke about it and whatever. Its not like its huge, and its not like its something stupid. She explained to me what it means... theres four stars, for the four stars in her life, me, her mom, her sister, and her best friend.

On another note, I got my car resealed and good to go yesterday, lol. No more smoke! (I hope haha)

2006 Infra-Red Ford Focus ZX3 ~ 67k

No longer SVX'n, Ill always miss them!

1995 Polo Green LS-i ~ 95k
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~ 145k (04/91) #2231
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm

So who's the other guy? (j/k - I hope)

Call me a little paranoid but keep your eyes open for any other small changes that may indicate a big change in your relationship. Be careful in your decisions for the next while as you don't want to "crowd" her, and yet, you don't want her to continue testing to see what else she can get away with.

Communication and honesty are what keeps a relationship moving.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
...keep your eyes open for any other small changes that may indicate a big change in your relationship.

Communication and honesty are what keeps a relationship moving.
Tricky bit is, trust is as well, and that's going to keep your first sentence here busy.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
... keep your eyes open for any other small changes that may indicate a big change in your relationship.
Earthworm that is a sentence of wisdom... I have experienced each and every detail of it. When women "get used" to you in your relationship, they start acting indifferently toward some issues... little by little you start facing huge potholes along the way.

I was able to overcome this part of a relationship by making her feel jealous toward certain things. In my nature as a person, I tend to "spoil" women by making them feel VERY secure with me. Show her love, attention, even got to the point thinking instead of her of what makes her "bothered" and "unhappy" and do whatever I can to reverse them...

But on the other hand... when I feel the slightest slip on her side, I turn into a monster. No attention, no SMS, no missed calls (meaning.. Hi), even make her feel jealous towards some of my girl friends (Not GFs).

So far it worked like a charm... this is called the concept of tightening/loosing the rope. And there is a french saying "Fuit la elle te suie, suit la elle te fuie" meaning if you run after her, she will escape you and if you escape her she will run after you. That concept worked like a charm for me... I am able to implement it detail by detail. I dunno how, but I guess being a Gemini helped a lot

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Earthworm that is a sentence of wisdom... I have experienced each and every detail of it. When women "get used" to you in your relationship, they start acting indifferently toward some issues... little by little you start facing huge potholes along the way.

I was able to overcome this part of a relationship by making her feel jealous toward certain things. In my nature as a person, I tend to "spoil" women by making them feel VERY secure with me. Show her love, attention, even got to the point thinking instead of her of what makes her "bothered" and "unhappy" and do whatever I can to reverse them...

But on the other hand... when I feel the slightest slip on her side, I turn into a monster. No attention, no SMS, no missed calls (meaning.. Hi), even make her feel jealous towards some of my girl friends (Not GFs).

So far it worked like a charm... this is called the concept of tightening/loosing the rope. And there is a french saying "Fuit la elle te suie, suit la elle te fuie" meaning if you run after her, she will escape you and if you escape her she will run after you. That concept worked like a charm for me... I am able to implement it detail by detail. I dunno how, but I guess being a Gemini helped a lot
I have to say that I wholeheartedly disagree with this view. It is making your S.O. out be be more like a pet, something to be controlled. IMO that is just not right, on either side of the equation.

Relationships are a two way street. Compromise and understanding required on both sides. Relationships should make a person happy, if not GTFO. Tricking or guilting (not a real word, I know) people into things just leads to resentment over the long term.

I spent many years of my life being a master manipulator. I could get darn well anything I wanted, no matter what the cost, and I often did. It worked great short term, but always came back and bit me in the ass long term. Eventually I decided it wasn't worth it, and I can say that over the past five years my life has only gotten better. "Harder Truth" has helped a lot. Say what I'm feeling with no sugar-coating, but not in a vindictive way either, listen to what they're feeling. Try to come to an understanding. It works wonders with friends, family, co-workers, and significant others.

I know I just delved OT, so this thread the way I see it... Guy feels like girl hid something from him. He is hurt. Guy talks to girl, expresses feeling lied to. Girl expresses feelings of not being able to talk about it in advance. Both sides agree to try and see things from the others. the day is over and they move on.

Last edited by techy101; 09-29-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy101 View Post

Relationships are a two way street. Compromise and understanding required on both sides.
This is the ideal relationship for me. If you have read carefully what I've written... ok let me copy paste it again: "In my nature as a person, I tend to "spoil" women by making them feel VERY secure with me. Show her love, attention, even got to the point thinking instead of her of what makes her "bothered" and "unhappy" and do whatever I can to reverse them..."

I tend to have an excellent relationship with the girl in question. I was never the one mistaken, and the proof is that each time the quarrel ends with her apologizing to me. I want everything to be perfect, I look for compromise and understanding... but you know and I am not generalizing, women tend to have some steep and awkward behavior (hence the thread about women ).

The way I explained my reaction "when I feel the slightest slip on her side, I turn into a monster. No attention, no SMS, no missed calls (meaning.. Hi), even make her feel jealous towards some of my girl friends.." is to make her feel the difference between the good me and the bad me... and eventually and prematurely the fight ends without much casualties and everything is back to normal again.

In the Tatto case, you think compromise and understanding play a role in this? She did commit a mistake... I am not saying I do not agree about what she did to herself, its her body she is free to do whatever she wants with it. Same as what I did to my SVX, some think I messed it up, but it is my car, I am free to do whatever I want with it. The mistake she did is that she disrespected his presence and his opinion. In the worst case, she could have sat with him and told him that she doesn't want to do something behind his back and her friends are pushing her to do it and she is convinced to do so.

Where is he in all of this?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 AM
One teal and One yellow

I don't think you're being unreasonable.

She could have discussed with you...

What if she has got a big/annoying tatto?

It's something permanent on the body she should have
let you know if you're important to her...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05