Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-27-2007, 08:32 PM

Any Good SVX Mechanics in Columbus Ohio?

Does anybody on the network know of any GOOD and Affordable SVX mechanics in the Columbus/Central Ohio area? Krynock is the man...but can't always justify a 5-6 hour trip there Tom Krynock.. you wouldn't be thinking about relocating to Columbus by chance ..would ya??? . Thanks for any info in advance
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
I'm curious too...since I live in Dublin.
I stopped at Byers Subaru and asked about the mechanic experience and they claim to have a guy that's been there for 20 something years and knows his subarus, but doesn't every dealership say that?

So make that two owners looking for the closest honest good mechanic to Columbus, OH.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I know he's hated on this site and mentioning his name brings down the wrath of zeus around here, but BudFreak has his own svx shop in Akron.. He got banned from this site for some bs but has his own forum now www.svxworldforums.com if you want to contact him. I don't mean to stir up any arguments, just throwing it out there.

There is also an awesome Subaru shop in Hilliard called Mead Engineering. I've had Matt and Bryon (Mead brothers) work on my car and they did a great job for a great price. Give them a ring 614-873-5858. Also, you guys should check out www.centralohiosubarus.com and www.columbusracing.com if you haven't already.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95 View Post
I'm curious too...since I live in Dublin.
I stopped at Byers Subaru and asked about the mechanic experience and they claim to have a guy that's been there for 20 something years and knows his subarus, but doesn't every dealership say that?

So make that two owners looking for the closest honest good mechanic to Columbus, OH.
You may add me to that list.....So now that makes three...;-)

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I know he's hated on this site and mentioning his name brings down the wrath of zeus around here, but BudFreak has his own svx shop in Akron.. He got banned from this site for some bs but has his own forum now www.svxworldforums.com if you want to contact him. I don't mean to stir up any arguments, just throwing it out there.

There is also an awesome Subaru shop in Hilliard called Mead Engineering. I've had Matt and Bryon (Mead brothers) work on my car and they did a great job for a great price. Give them a ring 614-873-5858. Also, you guys should check out www.centralohiosubarus.com and www.columbusracing.com if you haven't already.

Thanks! I must utilize this source one day. It is a great feeling to know we have people that know what their dowing in the mechanic field as it pertains to our svx's. I am in Columbus a lot more than I am Jason's way.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
I always take my car to Jason when I can. He does awesome work.
For little things I usually fix it myself when I have time, but when I dont, I have had decent luck with a Tuffy Service center on West Broad St.
The manager there said they have 2 other subaru SVX owners that take their cars in there as well.
But its usually my other cars they see and not the SVX, as they are not too fond of it since it took up their Bay 1 for 10 days when they couldnt get a part for it right away that broke during another repair.
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Thumbs up Thanks everyone!

Hey thanks everyone for some good options I will check out Mead Engineering for sure. As far as Byers Imports go, they may be good (i don't know-this is my first Subaru and first SVX) i just think $90 per hour is a bit on the high side, but I could be wrong (never happened before though ). Budfreak is also an option as he was also spoken of highly in his "skills". Terry
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Sorry but crackron is too far away....and 90 bucks/hour I refuse to pay any more...I'll check out the Mead Engineering group in the future.

Please everyone keep posting with any good services done in the columbus vicinity.

P.S. My exhaust work was done at Midas on Henderson road...very cool manager there...he fixed my rattle and rewelded some things very quickly.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I know he's hated on this site and mentioning his name brings down the wrath of zeus around here, but BudFreak has his own svx shop in Akron.. He got banned from this site for some bs
1. He's not hated.
2. Mentioning him will cause nothing of the sort.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.