Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Canadian Forums

Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to SVXplorer
Rush-hour SVX Encounter

On my way home from work yesterday, I encountered an orange SVX in west London, ON. I was driving my Ebony Mica '92. Although this wasn't the first time I saw another SVX while driving mine, this was the first time that the other driver took interest in the uniqueness of our cars. We kept our cars as close together in traffic as possible, though it was difficult to stick together, due to the flow of six o'clock traffic. I followed the other car for a while, hoping that we could find a convenient spot to pull off the road to talk about our cars, but that didn't seem to happen. Eventually, I turned off to go to the Sunoco for gas. The lady driving the other car did circle back, but did not stop at the gas station.

I'm posting this in hopes that the other driver visits this forum . I'd like to meet some of the SVX enthusiasts in my area.

Meghan

1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver, 106k mi. "Alice." Brand-rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 16" Rage Vigor, PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That may be the member by the name of, "OrangeSVX"
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
That may be the member by the name of, "OrangeSVX"
When OrangeSVX joined the forum, Ron (Nemesis Destiny) asked if he owned the orange one in London. As it turns out, he lives in Guelph. This orange SVX is definitely a London car. Someone Ron knows lives in the same neighbourhood as this car, so it's not likely to be the same one.

1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver, 106k mi. "Alice." Brand-rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 16" Rage Vigor, PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:21 AM

Well I guess i'm in around both of those areas. I pretty much travel from Chatham to St. Catharines every weekend. If you see a silver 92, it's probably me. I beleive i am the only one with an svx in Chatham. In St. Catharines i know of 1 other one. And My other home is in Erin, Other side of Guelph. Yeah it would be nice to know some fellow svx owners that live around these areas. Nice to meet you
Old 05-23-2006, 10:00 AM

Hi cookiemunstr!

It's good to know that there are other enthusiastic SVXers nearby. I wouldn't be surprised if your SVX is the only one in Chatham. There was only one other SVX in Windsor last year when I was living there. As far as I know, there are 5 SVXes in London, not counting the two that Nemesis Destiny and I own - one silver, two teals, one red, and the orange one. I've seen one other SVX in London, a blue one, but I've only seen it once, so I'm not sure if it's a local car. I'll keep my eyes open for your car. Maybe sometime, when you're in the neighbourhood, we can get together for a mini-meet.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Don't forget there is another black one I used to see by Proudfoot & Oxford all the time.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 05-24-2006, 07:01 AM

So you guys are from around this area right. Do you guys know of a mechanic in the area that can do wheel bearing replacements or where to get the parts?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Actually, we moved here not long ago, so I don't know all the good places to go (if any).

Subaru of London would be an option, but I went there to ask if they'd do a manual conversion on my SVX and the Service Manager was kind of rude to me, so I won't be going back there. Other than that, you could try where I work, Stratford Subaru. The head mechanic, Ali, seems like he knows what he's doing; I've watched him do several wheel bearings, but not all that closely. I could make sure he does yours properly though

I know for a fact that he loves the SVX, and working on them; even talking about them always brings a smile to his face.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.

1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!

1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Montréal anyone...

Hi, I'm from Montréal ( actualy Sorel-Tracy in Québec ) I saw one time only another SVX on the freeway ... a darkgreen one. So you guy are from Ontario...humm you're the closest I know for now! Mine is a Hyper Black painted a year ago...
Old 06-02-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Hi, I'm from Montréal ( actualy Sorel-Tracy in Québec ) I saw one time only another SVX on the freeway ... a darkgreen one. So you guy are from Ontario...humm you're the closest I know for now! Mine is a Hyper Black painted a year ago...
Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there are closer SVXes to you than us, especially in a major centre like Montréal. I know for sure there are quite a few in Ottawa, and that's a little closer still. Keep your eyes open for them, and when you find one, leave them a note, or tell them in person if you see them, about the forum.

You have a nice-looking car, by the way. Looks like it's in great shape.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
thanx

Thanx for the welcome. Yeah , it's in great shape and it will be more than that in a year. This summer I've already put the Wheels , Lightweight underdriver pully , Complete intake from Svx Warehouse , ect ect ect...I'm really thinking of diong the 6 spd swap and turbo or super charger system. I'm reading the whole network to know the best choice....man i'm lost in all those mechanics gurus... For now i'll pay for my new radiator and wheels... after that.......
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 PM

You're not allowed to swap in a six-speed before I do; I am going to be the first 6MT in Canada!

Just kidding. I wish you all the luck in your plans. If you are looking for MT swap parts I can hook you up with some contacts. PM me when it's swap time for you.