How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-21-2001, 01:48 PM
svx1

subaruparts.com is awesome

i ordered an ashe trey off subaruparts.com the other day, it came to only 30.48 with shipping and tax, got it today it was delivered quicker then i expected. its just what i needed and i saved about 50 bucks atleast, so those of you who werent sure if that could be the right price for the ashe trey and lid it was. push the botton and the lid flips up. couldnt be happier much props to subaruparts.com and thanks svxcess for showing me where i could get it, i owe you again.
jacob
Old 12-21-2001, 01:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: subaruparts.com is awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by svx1
i ordered an ashe trey off subaruparts.com the other day, it came to only 30.48 with shipping and tax, got it today it was delivered quicker then i expected. its just what i needed and i saved about 50 bucks atleast, so those of you who werent sure if that could be the right price for the ashe trey and lid it was. push the botton and the lid flips up. couldnt be happier much props to subaruparts.com and thanks svxcess for showing me where i could get it, i owe you again.
jacob
My wife, unfortunately, does not share your sentiments.

She ordered me a new remote for my car from subaruparts.com. Because she had heard me mention that they have never answered one of my emails, she phoned the order in.

Yesterday she found out that the remote is backordered and they have no idea when they'll get them. My guess is that they can only get the generic-printed remote and don't want to fill SVX remote orders with those.

It'd be one thing if they had told herthat they couldn't fill the order and it was not coming. But not only did they not tell her that, they went so far as to send her an email saying it had been shipped to her.

To quote the lady at subaruparts.com she talked to:

'Yeah, I'd be mad if I were you. Did you try sending us an email?'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-21-2001, 02:12 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: subaruparts.com is awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
My guess is that they can only get the generic-printed remote and don't want to fill SVX remote orders with those.

Thank goodness for that. I'd never accept one of those ugly things.

To quote the lady at subaruparts.com she talked to:

'Yeah, I'd be mad if I were you. Did you try sending us an email?'

Lady? Any time I've called the number (877-473-6200), I've gotten Scott Williams and Scott Williams only. If I don't get him, I get his voice mail. Scott's always been straight up with me. If he messes up an order, he lets me know. Usually, he'll overnight it at his expense if he screwed up. I hope their buying a new dealership doesn't translate into worse service for us.

Something else Scott told me, if you REALLY want them to pay particular attention to your e-mail, put URGENT (all caps) in the subject box.

First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-21-2001, 02:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: subaruparts.com is awesome

I shouldn't have to resort to a secret password in order to get my email noticed.

I'm not kidding - they've never answered a single email from me.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-21-2001, 05:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: subaruparts.com is awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I shouldn't have to resort to a secret password in order to get my email noticed.

I'm not kidding - they've never answered a single email from me.
I agree, Nick. Next time I'm in contact with Scott, or with the young fellow who maintains the website, I'll add it to my list of "*****es." There aren't many, mind you, but one of them is the issue of Drop Shipping. I still don't see why, in this electronic age, when I order a part in Tacoma, and they can't find it in their area, they have to fly the part right over my head from Atlanta, then, send it back through the UPS hub in Chicago (where it usually languishes for three days) before it gets to me. Sheesh! But, I agree, Nick. There is no excuse for what you and Amber had to go through.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-21-2001, 09:18 PM
calmone

happy u got the ass tray, they never replied to my e-mail request either. some business!
Old 12-26-2001, 01:08 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Sorry to hear some have had problems. I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times, everything from a dozen misc. small trim pieces to a new fender, and never a problem. I have saved a TON of money using them. And every email inquiry has been answered within 24 hours curiously enough, even when not ordering anything.

My biggest gripe would be I live 40 minutes away and they won't let me drive down to pick the parts up in person! I have to pay shipping and wait (sometimes up to 2 weeks but it never more) just like everyone else.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 12-27-2001, 10:37 AM
still in love with Hannah

confusion

I've ordered from them a couple of times. This last time I was getting diff. bushings and a left rear upper strut mount. I was getting the parts because I thought it was those things that were giving me the terrible noise that just turned out to be a loose nut(hehe, in my head) so I sent an e-mail to them asking how I would go about canceliong an order. Never got a reply back, so i figured that once you order you're getting them. Well, a couple of weeks went by, and no parts. So I sent another e-mail asking if they were waiting for a particular part or if my order had indeed been canceled due to my previous message. Got a e-mail back saying that it looks like it was canceled. So, being the polite guy that I am , I sent back another e-mail saying I had never gotten a note back saying it was cancelled and that I was sorry for the confusion. So, a week goes by and I'm assuming(you know what they say about when you assume) that everything was cleared up and I could finish me Christmas shopping with what I was going to use for the parts. Well, good thing I didn't use it, cause yesterday I got my parts. So THATS where the money went.hehe
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 01-02-2002, 03:22 PM
Lowered SVX

i have never had any problems with them.

i have only ordered twice though. i have spoke with scott twice and got straight up answers and great prices. i suggest you call.....god knows how many emails they get.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
My 2 cents

now that I can, now that we are using Euros and Cents here in Euroland[er, I mean Ireland]

I have my car nearly a year now. I am still waiting on a service manual for a '92, and my car is waaaaaay overdue the 60k service, I live in fear of my alternator/powersteering belt going bang.

The first time I ordered, last April I think, I was told they were waiting on the tranny section. Never came.

Next time, I saw some people on the network had got a manual recently, put in the order again in November, still waiting.

I know some of you people swear by them, so they must be good for some things. Keepin' the customer posted ain't one of them, that's for sure!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-02-2002, 04:00 PM
Lowered SVX

honestly joe.....

try giving them a call. i know it is long distance but it may be worth trying. too bad they are giving you the run around.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
I will leave it go another week, and then try the telephone. It is difficult to call. Aside from the long distance cost, the time difference makes it a problem.

Hopefully Scott will come up trumps this time, but I have lost faith in them, and they are losing business because of it, I need a load of parts.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-04-2002, 11:32 AM
subaruparts.com

hmmm.

It seems like some of you guys have a lot of problems/issues/questions regarding subaruparts.com. Certinaly too many to address each one here in a single post (or so it seems, i'm home sick today).
So tell you what. I'm the web developer for the site, and if you guys have a problem and you can't seem to get through to Scott, send me an email to webmaster [a] subaruparts (I HATE SPAM).

I don't get a ton of email and I personally read/respond/react to every one i get, or walk over and talk to scott personally. If you guys have a problem WE CAN CALL YOU.

If i'm not making my self clear (i might be delrious and incoherint) email me and I will answer any question you might have.

Perhaps we can set up and irc session some time (just email me!)

Oh, I'm sorry I haven't been hanging around the boards much lately. I've been writing code full time for subaruparts.com!

Ryan
Old 01-09-2002, 05:50 PM
calmone

thanks ryan! i ordered the parts at a reasonablr discount.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:26 PM
I look like Gordon

My experience so far has been less than satisfactory as well. I tried to order a rear decklid spoiler from the "Specials" section for my Impreza. A week and a half passed, and the Shipping section said it had not yet arrived from the warehouse. I sent an email to Scott. He replied and told me it appeared they were out of stock. I replied to his message, asking if I could get it in a different color (they are already painted) because the price was right, even if I had to get it painted. Here is his reply (and I quote):

Your best bet is to head to www.llbean.com/SOA for LL Bean clothing.

Uhm... OK. I gave up on that one. I submitted a parts request form for three items for the same car on Monday or Tuesday of this week, and have so for heard nil from them (it is Thursday). I am taking my business elsewhere, but I don't know where elsewhere is just yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good parts source?