How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-23-2004, 12:01 PM
_-DejaVu-_

Window problems.... still

To make a long story short(See my last post in the Q&A)

Now, ALL of my windows work, except for the passenger side, still.
I think I have figured out, that if that window switch is not working(Or even hooked up) that the driver side one, for that door, won't work either. Am I correct about this?

Anyhow................

I checked the power for all of the windows, and the pass. one too. They ALL seem to be getting power.

Then, I go to roll up the pass. one, with the driver side switch. It won't roll up, but it will roll down!
When I try the same, with the pass. side switch, it won't do either one.

What was strange was....(I was stupid an rolled the window ALL the way down, not knowing it wouldn't roll back up)
Me and my dad were screwing around with it. I said "Wait" then I clicked the power lock(Which, now works.......had lost a piece for it, I didn't know I lost) then I clicked it back OFF. THEN, I did get the window to roll up!!!!!. Then, of course, I'm stupid...and thought (Oh ****, what if something is really ****ed up in the window, I don't want to brake anything) So, I stopped, when the window was half way up!
Needless to say, my dad got mad, and now my window won't roll back up.........But, it will roll down.

Help, before I get sick of it, and leave the damn window!

Deja
Old 02-23-2004, 01:28 PM

since it worked intermitantly (well once anyway), I think you're probably right about the switch.

Do you have the schematic? I would jump the wires to get it to go up until you can locate replacement switch gear. Has the advantage that if it responds to a jumper wire you know it's not a motor issue.