Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-03-2004, 03:00 AM
6evil9

Angry The car went crazy!! HELP!!!

Hi

It started from the rought idle on warm engine, then couple of months ago i noticed that sometimes its hard to start the car, like it did not have any petrol in engine and i should to crank it for a while before it starts to catch. And then 2 weeks ago it started to stall... in the beginning it was on idle, then on slow speed and now on any speed at all. OK its only little part of the problem:
once it stalled, its hell lotta problem to start it again! i turn the ignition, it starts, i push the accelerator, revs go up, and then it stalls. Even if i got full acceleration.
It does that for few mins and then finally it works.

Also once i push the accelerator fast, and revs go up, car starts to act tooo weird. like idle revs at 5000rpms!!!!!!!!!!! driving along the road with 2000rpms and no cruise control and my foot off the accelerator. on the traffic lights its 2000rpms on D and 2000-5000rpms on N.

also after awhile of having that, the car starts droping rpms and the raising them, so rpms jumps up and down really hard, even when driving on D or 3.

also i had power blinking light, then i disconnected the battery and could not ge the code...

SO ANYONE WITH ANY GOOD IDEAS ABOUT THIS??? pls help as im completely lost!!!... was gonna change the temp sensor, but now i think its got nothing to do with it!

maybe somehow tps is screwed up? or MAF?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:16 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
one word TPS

I have a slightly higher idle as well as power light blinking. But it's all my fault.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:02 AM
6evil9

ok so thoughts so far
if the acceleration pedal is not depressed then how it is possible to have the car on 5000rpms?? it means that batterflies should be kept open... so how is it possible to keep them open?

also stalling whenever and wherever?

and just remembered, half year ago i ran my car without MAF and it was sweet, apart from check engine light always on. but now it just dies without MAF...

any connection?

so my ideas so far:
faulty TPS
faulty MAF
faulty temp sensor
faulty ECU
faulty timing control system

hmmm feel like a blind
Old 02-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Maybe an airleakage in the manifold, or maybe the system that raises the idle rpm when cold ? (I don't know the correct term for this).

This would explain the erratic idle and the lean mixture wich makes the engine stall when cold.

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-04-2004, 05:57 PM
6evil9

ok
1) its got nothing to do if it cold or warm
more, when its cold its always sweet, but can have hard starts, which happened only few times...

2) it stalled whenever and wherever, on N, on D at speed of 80 going down the heel with rpms less then 2000

3) after reseting computer, its ok for few days,.,

so now i just reset computer every 2 days...grrrrrrr annnoying as!
Old 02-05-2004, 12:24 AM

It seems that you maybe have fryed your ECU

I am no SVX expert, but it seems to me that the "idle" control has a very big spectrum in the SVX and if your ECU is bad and instructs the idle control to raise your rpm to maximum, you may hit the 5000rpm's you have seen.

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***