How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-18-2002, 05:44 PM
alacrity024

Exclamation Update: My Sketchy Situation

Okay, as some of you may remember, I got caught up in a little bit of a sketchy situation with the sale of my old 1989 RX Turbo (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=6667)

I've recently spoken with the guy, and he's been told by the state of NH that it will be impossible for him to register the car, and that his only choice is to part it out or "Return To Seller." He has apparently put some work into the car, but it still will never pass a legal inspection due to the football-sized rust hole on the underbody.

He has offered to sell it back to me for $650. I can't come up with that kind of money. However I'm interested in owning this car again. It was a good deal of fun to beat on, and now that I'm getting towards the end of my college career, it's conceviable that I'll have enough time, energy and resources to start driving a car in rallycross events.. this car would be no less than ideal for rally events, both summer and winter.

I'm going to offer him a much smaller amount of money.. somewhere in he neighborhood of $300. If he accepts, I'll keep the car off the road for awhile and work on building it back up.. if he declines my offer, I suppose he'll have to figure out how to deal with it. I'd welcome any advice or criticism or similar war stories..

-Adam
Old 11-19-2002, 02:35 PM
$VX

Yikes. Sounds like a weird deal. Anyway, g'luck, though I wouldn't reccomend a rust bucket for rally racing. :\

- Ca$h
Old 11-19-2002, 02:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I have to agree. If the body was sound, you'd have a good platform to base a rallycross car on. But since it's not, you're just asking for headaches. You'd put a lot of work into the car only to have it break in half in your first event.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-19-2002, 04:27 PM
alacrity024

agreed.. but i don't think that it's anything terribly structural which is rusted.. Guess I could be wrong though. Anyway, for $300 at the very least I'll just run it into the ground.. it'll be fun

-Adam
Old 11-19-2002, 04:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
agreed.. but i don't think that it's anything terribly structural which is rusted.. Guess I could be wrong though. Anyway, for $300 at the very least I'll just run it into the ground.. it'll be fun

-Adam
You may not think that now, but if there's a hole that big in the body then there's way more rust like it on the rest of the car. :P

Well, hey, run it into the ground if you want. I just wouldn't recommend rallycrossing it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 11-20-2002, 08:25 AM
alacrity024

well i know the motor and drivetrain are still good.. maybe i'll make an EA82T powered dune buggy.....

-adam
Old 11-20-2002, 12:08 PM
$VX

THAT would be cool. Wankels have AWESOME power/weight ratios, and a dune buggy would be hella light. Go for it man.

- Ca$h
Old 11-20-2002, 12:26 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
THAT would be cool. Wankels have AWESOME power/weight ratios, and a dune buggy would be hella light. Go for it man.

- Ca$h
Yeah, so keep the RX...and then build a dune buggy frame...and get a rotary somewhere...

No, really, Cash - he said it's an RX. That's as in a Subaru RX, not an RX-7...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 11-20-2002, 12:36 PM
$VX

Oh. HEhe. Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Damn ADD.

-Ca$h

PS: The 3d animation thing looks like a go thus far!