How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-23-2002, 11:56 PM
BillInUrEye

Unhappy No More SVX

I had a 92 SVX that i loved. It was my first car and i had big plans for it. I especially loved the power it had. The other day i totalled it and I want to keep the engine to possibly put in the next car i get . . . if that's possible. Can someone who knows a little more about this type of thing tell me what i need to do to 'transplant' the SVX engine in another car? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:26 AM
Green1995SVX

Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you OK?

In another non-SVX? Well you will need to start by making sure you get the engine, engine harness, and the ECU. You might want to check with the folks at www.smallcar.com. they have quite a bit of expierance with this.

Mike
Old 09-24-2002, 09:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to svx6595
I did the same thing to a Claret 92 SVX. The engine and tranny survived. I found a Black 92 in Colorodo Springs with a blown engine and tranny for $1000. I had it shipped to New York which cost $1300. I had a local shop do the transplant. For the first two months every time I started it it smoked. Now it runs great. Have been driving it for 6 months now.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

Larry
Old 09-24-2002, 02:33 PM
I_Alcyone_I

you can put it into a volkswagon vanagon with relative ease, so I hear. Check smallcar.com I think they have a link on there somewhere.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:04 PM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by svx6595
I did the same thing to a Claret 92 SVX. The engine and tranny survived. I found a Black 92 in Colorodo Springs with a blown engine and tranny for $1000. I had it shipped to New York which cost $1300. I had a local shop do the transplant. For the first two months every time I started it it smoked. Now it runs great. Have been driving it for 6 months now.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

Larry
Hey Nassau County! Suffolk here!

Wanna get together? I always wanted to compare my SVX to another one, see if the noises mine makes are similar to other ones, etc. Please e-mail me at CopsodyX@optonline.net
Old 09-25-2002, 11:52 PM
BillInUrEye

Angry nevermind

I'm really mad because the insurance company decided that they want my engine too and the only way i can get it is to buy the whole car back at some outrageous price and seeing as how I am a high school student, as much I want the engine, there is no way I will be able to do a transplant. Maybe, someday.
Thanks for all your input though.