How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Boy thlk about your bad day!!

We had a pretty bad day yesterday. The economy here is doing pretty bad lately. Business going under and people getting laid off. A friend of ours last month got hit wit a $800 dollar a month pay cut. He started looking around for a new job. Yesterday they called my wife and told her some bad news. He has a new job. They are moving to Iowa in 3 weeks. They are our best friends and probubly the nicest people I've ever met.
Then yesterday afternoon my wife called her boss at the resturant to ask if see could take the bar shift. He told her that he had already promised on of the other girls they could have ot, but he needed to talk to her. Yesterday evening she met up with him for the talk. He told her that the resturant was bankrupt and wouldnt be opening this morning. So now both her and her 20 year old daughter (who was helping pay the rent) are without jobs. The daughter just lost $150 dollars a week (part-time) and my wife is out $3300 a month counting the tips.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Motorcycle Fanatic.

Re: Boy thlk about your bad day!!

Sounds like it's time to jump ship man. IDK what kind of job you specialize in, but clinging to a sinking boat in a dying economy can only hurt you. I'm sorry you've had a bad time of things. I know from experience that any possessions you have laying around that are unused or useless make great cannon fodder on Ebay. That could help you get enough money to sort out a new location.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg

True. I'm actually the one who has the guarenteed job. Military. She was waitressing and bartending. She got a few leads on jobs, so her and her daughter are going out together to put in for some of them.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

San Antonio is full of jobs.

Don't forget about the fact that we have more SVX's here than just about any other city!

Lots of other Subies also! (Some heavily modded ones also)

Good luck on everything though! I may be contacting you soon about some of the parts you were looking to sell.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy

Oh man. That sucks. I wish them the best. They'll be better days.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
San Antonio is full of jobs.

Don't forget about the fact that we have more SVX's here than just about any other city!

Lots of other Subies also! (Some heavily modded ones also)

Dustin
I'm going on a business trip on the 14th to San Antonio. Hopefully I'll see some SVXii!

Back on track, good luck Mike. When bad things happen its usually all at once, then it'll do a complete 180
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
We had a pretty bad day yesterday. The economy here is doing pretty bad lately. Business going under and people getting laid off. A friend of ours last month got hit wit a $800 dollar a month pay cut. He started looking around for a new job. Yesterday they called my wife and told her some bad news. He has a new job. They are moving to Iowa in 3 weeks. They are our best friends and probubly the nicest people I've ever met.
Then yesterday afternoon my wife called her boss at the resturant to ask if see could take the bar shift. He told her that he had already promised on of the other girls they could have ot, but he needed to talk to her. Yesterday evening she met up with him for the talk. He told her that the resturant was bankrupt and wouldnt be opening this morning. So now both her and her 20 year old daughter (who was helping pay the rent) are without jobs. The daughter just lost $150 dollars a week (part-time) and my wife is out $3300 a month counting the tips.
Keep your chin up buddy. Sounds like the month I had in August. Everything I did went wrong...even the simplest things. Of course the best was when I got a call from the neighbor telling me my house was on fire. I rushed home to find the separate garage lightning-struck and the firefighters trying to put out the fire.

Bye bye, SVX parts, collectibles, mowers (one good reel one), yard tools, furniture, yada, yada, yada. Now I need to have 3 60' trees cut because they were burned pretty bad and I didn't have insurance on the separate unit so no claims can be filed. Had to pay property tax, car tag tax, and a bunch of other unexpected expenses.

On a good note, after the trees are cut, I can build something bigger n better on the spot...
Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'm going on a business trip on the 14th to San Antonio. Hopefully I'll see some SVXii!

Back on track, good luck Mike. When bad things happen its usually all at once, then it'll do a complete 180
Lets us know when you're in town!

We can get acouple of us together for lunch or something.

/hijack

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: