IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbone View Post
This is a light hearted explanation of a redneck. Altho, alot of it can be called true
http://www.fortogden.com/foredneck.html
I'm guilty of 3 items! You have produced quite a list! I'd be willing to bet that you are guilty of 3 items, or that you are in denial! Most people that ever left the nest and lived more than 25 years has made at least 3 itms on the list!

Car with house paint, yea, guilty, and 2 other not necessarily redneck traits

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 01-29-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
What a rant!
And yeah, I am working on a +50K lawsuit against an entity myself. I have won twice according to my lawyer, but the law does nothing for you if the other guy doesn't put up a fight. A single person stands no chance in our world even iff that person follows all the rules.

Note to self: Legality is vanity.

I think the term is : "pissing into the wind."

I noticed your sig!! (a while back)

If you prefer the tranquility of servantude to the animating contest of freedom, then bow down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman! Samual Adams ( Just before the Boston Tea party!)

Jerry
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
I think Jerry is entitled to the rant. Fighting against the machine is thankless and difficult, and the odds are stacked against the individual.

Regards the jokey lists, while most are funny and some are really funny it's easy to see that these are jibes against more sections of society than just so called rednecks. I'm willing to bet if you do a search you will find similar jibes aimed at hillbillys, for instance.

Here in Ireland a lot of the cross-cultural jokes are aimed at Kerrymen. Kerrymen are portrayed as poor, simple, stupid, uneducated and just down from the mountains. Two of my best pals are Kerrymen, none of the above applies, Kerry people in general are as nice and as clever as you could meet, but still you get the jokes.

Over in England the jokes are aimed at Irishmen or Paddies as we are called for the jokes. You also get Paki or Pakistani jokes along the same racist lines.

As I like jokes and good humour I take them in the spirit they were given, and give as good as I get if need be. But like Trevor was asking, it's nice if the joke is understood as a joke and appreciated by the target, and everybody laughs and nobody gets offended.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I think Jerry is entitled to the rant. Fighting against the machine is thankless and difficult, and the odds are stacked against the individual.

Regards the jokey lists, while most are funny and some are really funny it's easy to see that these are jibes against more sections of society than just so called rednecks. I'm willing to bet if you do a search you will find similar jibes aimed at hillbillys, for instance.

Here in Ireland a lot of the cross-cultural jokes are aimed at Kerrymen. Kerrymen are portrayed as poor, simple, stupid, uneducated and just down from the mountains. Two of my best pals are Kerrymen, none of the above applies, Kerry people in general are as nice and as clever as you could meet, but still you get the jokes.

Over in England the jokes are aimed at Irishmen or Paddies as we are called for the jokes. You also get Paki or Pakistani jokes along the same racist lines.

As I like jokes and good humour I take them in the spirit they were given, and give as good as I get if need be. But like Trevor was asking, it's nice if the joke is understood as a joke and appreciated by the target, and everybody laughs and nobody gets offended.

Joe

There are a lot of 'Irish' jokes too. (which I were before I were a Redneck!) Unless you consider being BORN an Irish Redneck a seperate thing....

An Irishman is NOT drunk as long as he can hold onto a SINGLE blade of GRASS and keep from falling from the face of the EARTH!

Most of the BEST ones come from ME!

As for the 'RANT' I sent them useless ba$$tard$ another fax. It included a cut up card, a few choice words and a PS telling them that I would see them in court.

It's still MY money, they are just trying to STEAL it!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 01-31-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: