Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Transmission info

I am new to the forum, bought 2 svxs couple of months ago, one has a good engine but a bad transmission. At first it would work fine, but now its starting to slip (the gears) It can fly on 1st and 2nd no problem...but when it comes to the 3rd gear....well...if feels as if it was on Neutral. Even though it struggles to get there it eventually shifts over, I was told I could make an adjustment somewhere on the transmission to help it shift better, but it was going to die anyways later on, don't know where or how. I was thinking of getting a legacy (I think a 2000 model) from a junk yard (hopefully no more than $1000) and taking all the parts at my own pace, would that be a better deal then just having the old one fixed? The second car looks really good but engine is bad and so its the transmission, I will use it for parts now( just little things here and there that the working car may need nothing big) and working on it later on after I learn some more about this car from the one that's working. Are these all the parts i will be needing: trans, rear diff, master cyl, slave cyl, shifter assembly, pedal assembly and flywheel from the donor car?

Thanks in advance.